Paul Salyers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
The town folk have some good numbers for scoring (4 and 5). Does anyone have experience with trying to get these workers on your board for end of game scoring as a major strategy? Specifically, is it worth it to try and get as many as possible on the board and leave them there (not using your "removal" option) in early or o mid-game? Or is this just detrimental and not strategically sound (not to mention hard to do)? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Salyers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well. I asked this question before playing because, as I saw it, the townfolk workers seemed to have a lot of scoring power with 4-5 points each. As it turns out, I got two of the 5-pointers on the board and won the game. But second place was only one point behind with just a 4 pointer on the board but better field tile scoring. This was a 4-person game and the townfolk workers tended not to be as make or break for the game as I thought they might be. It takes time to get the 4 or 5 field tiles in place to be able to place the high scoring townfolk tiles. Most players will be able to place at least one each. Placing a second one could win you the game but that had better not be your only focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you have the tiles in place to put more than one of the 4 or 5 workers on your board, chances are you're already doing quite well in the game, and adding the worker will only cement your victory. I wouldn't think of it as a "strategy" to pursue, but a good option for maximizing points of an already well-played strategy late in the game when new fields that can benefit your position are getting scarcer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.