GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,858 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: One night in Woodinvale.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenny hears the cows acting up just after dinner, and peeks out the back door. "What are y'all clamoring about! I just done milked you!" Her eyes widen as two blood-soaked figures stagger out of the barn. One is carrying the back leg of a cow, and both are stumbling across the lawn with their heads wobbling on weak necks. "Oh my stars! Zombies!" she exclaims.

"Now where does daddy keep that dynamite...." She rushes to the living room. "Oh right, behind the rocking chair!" Just as the two zombies crash through the door, she pulls out a red stick of dynamite and yells, "I'm not afraid to use this on y'all!" The zombies are unimpressed and creep towards her with arms outstretched. She decides to run for it.

Across the way is the general store. She hurries over and finds the door already open. A mysterious drifter is already inside rummaging through the supplies. "Got a light?" she asks. "I don't smoke," the stranger replies. "No, I mean for this!" She holds up the dynamite.

"Ah", the stranger smiles and tosses her a lighter. As she prepares to light the stick and toss it out the window at the group of zombies shambling towards them, the stranger looks her up and down. "Nice shorts," he says. "Are you completely serious?" she demands. "You know sweetie", the stranger says, "this could be our last night on earth...."

"Ewwww, gross!" she yells. "Ya'll are a disgusting pervert!" She spends the next few moments scolding the older man, even as zombies descend on the store.

Just then, Father Joseph barges into the store, carrying a baseball bat. "I've just run all the way across town. The zombies are everywhere! But there's a truck in the middle of town. If we could find the owner...."

"I'm the owner," says the stranger. "We ran out of gas, though. And my buddy walked off with the keys. Don't know where he went."

"Uhmmmm, could this be him?" asks Father Joseph glancing down in one corner of the store. He holds up an arm that appears to have been ripped from its shoulder socket. Dangling from the finger tips is a ring of keys.

"I think that's him." The stranger walks over for a closer look, but two zombies suddenly smash through the store front. The stranger pulls out a gun and unloads the clip into one of them, who reluctantly falls down. The other zombie grabs for the stranger, but he catches the zombie in a headlock. To everyone's surprise, the head actually comes off and the body sinks slowly to the ground.

"Lord have mercy, that was close!" exclaims the Father. "Are you all right, my son?"

"Well," the stranger says, "I'm feeling a little strange...." He lifts his shirt to reveal a green-tinged bite mark on his side.

"It... uhhmmm... doesn't look that bad," says Father Joseph. "Maybe some first aid? I think I saw Nurse Becky over by the hospital."

"Good idea," says the stranger. "I have to get to the hospital right away!"

Jenny rolls her eyes. "We don't have time for that! At least help us find some gas for your truck first, you pervert." The stranger breaks out in a sweat. "No, I have to go right now!" He runs for the door.

"Wait son, you might need this." Father Joseph hands him the baseball bat. The stranger dashes away. The zombies don't chase him, however. Instead, four of them continue their slow advance toward the store.

"Let's get outta here!" Jenny shouts. She lights the fuse on Daddy's dynamite and blows a hole through the advancing line of undead. "Let's get to that Gun Shop and find some real weapons!"

"No, you go there," says Father Joseph. "I'm going to run over to the plant and find some gas."

Jenny runs to the Gun Shop, but a surprisingly fast zombie shambles in behind her. She grabs the first gun she sees, turns to the zombie who is right on her, and... *click*. "Sonnovabitch!" she yells. At that moment, she remembers what Daddy taught her about unwanted advances. She takes a step back and then launches a hard-kicked cowboy boot to the groin. Despite being dead already, the zombie mutters "owwwwwwgghhhhh" and falls to the floor, clutching what's left of its former glory. "I shoulda done that to the perv with the stupid hat!"

Before she has time to be proud of herself, another zombie smashes through the door. She dives over the counter and scrambles to get her hands on another pistol, a nice pearl-handled .44. As the zombie lunges for her, she raises the gun and... *click*. "Can't a girl get a damn bullet in this place!" she screams. She rolls backwards away from the zombie, who stumbles over the wreckage of the counter, and misses her.

She scrambles to her feet, stumbles through the debris, and crashes through a glass display shelf. To her surprise, she comes up holding a shot gun. No click this time. Boom! Zombie innards splatter the back wall of the store.

She steps outside. Boom! Boom! Two more zombies disassemble.

Then she spots Father Joseph running from the plant. He is carrying a gas can! He runs fast for an older guy, and dodges through the line of zombies that appear to be surrounding the truck. "Run for the truck!" he yells to her.

"Y'ain't got to tell me twice!" she yells back. She heads the other way around the advancing horde. Boom! Another zombie goes down. She reaches the truck safely, and wonders how it was so easy. Then she sees that the stranger with the hat has actually lured four zombies away from the truck. He swings the baseball bat in great mighty arcs as they reach for him. But four zombies proves to be three too many, and the stranger goes down beneath a mound of rotting flesh. She shudders, even though the pervert deserved it.

Father Joseph runs up to the truck. Nurse Becky is with him, but looks pale and possibly a little green. "Get in the truck" she says to Jenny. "Don't tell me what to do!" Jenny complains with a sudden rush of teen angst. "I already killed six o' them sombitches. You old folks ain't even killed one, have you?"

"Young lady," interrupts Father Joseph, "we respect your independence, but you really need to get in. Your father would want you to." Jenny glares at him. "Or maybe I'll just stand here and let the zombies eat ya'lls brains!" she exclaims.

Five zombies close in around the truck. Jenny is revolted to see one of the zombies make a lewd gesture at her, while wearing a stupid hat. "Oh my god, it's that pervert! He's a zombie!" The revulsion quickly passes though, as two other zombie grab for her. Father Joseph unleases some type of holy kung fu on the pervert zombie, while Jenny kicks and punches and jumps away. She is injured but regains her footing and lifts the shotgun. Boom! One dead. Boom! Two dead. *Click* Uh-oh. Four zombies are left, including the creepy one with a hat. "Look out!" Father Joseph yells. Jenny turns to see the former Nurse Becky, now fully green, grabbing for her. "Givvvffff meeeeehhhh braaaaainnn!" the nurse says. "I told ya'll *kick* NOT to tell me *punch* what to do!" Somehow, despite a severe case of teenage petulance, Jenny manages to escape serious injury in the face of five zombies.

Father Joseph gasses the truck. With his other hand, he continues to let loose with holy kung fu, even killing one of the zombies. Somehow, like Jenny, he survives the attacks by the other four zombies. "Can you please get in the truck now, if that's okay with you" he says to Jenny.

She resists the urge to roll her eyes and yell "Fine!", and instead just dives in through the window. Father Joseph gets in the driver's seat, puts the keys in, and burns rubber out of town.

Notes: My first complete game, played solo. I played a partial game the other day with the kids, but they got upset with each other (typical seven year olds) and we had to stop.

I made a couple of mistakes in this one. For one, I didn't notice that Father Joseph can't have multiple Faith cards. I think he was rolling five dice at one point. Also I may have forgotten to move the turn counter a few times. The heroes made it with 6 turns to spare. I really didn't think they would make it though, since they each had to fight a large group of zombies on the last turn. The zombies rolled a whole bunch of 1's and 2's, and the heroes had 3 healing cards (two Recover and one First Aid). Between those, they were able to survive 8 to 10 fights, and get out alive.

One other interesting thing, right after Father Joseph found the keys, the "Town Overrun" came up. Among the 10 discards were the other keys and BOTH gas cans. Doh! Maybe I didn't shuffle well enough. Seeing as how there was no gas station on the map, I thought the heroes were screwed for sure. But then after a couple more turns, Father Joseph pulled "Just what I needed", and was able to get the gas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Latina Nakita
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice reporting, 7 years old playing a zombie game, very cool............

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Peterson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you even allowed to fight while filling up the gas in the truck? I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dilts
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if there was some small missteps in the rules, the session report was Hilarious and great! I always wondered how "Last Night on Earth" would play with Jenny and Jake. I (a constant Zombie lordzombie) always tended to aviod a match up between him and any girl student, it just seemed weird but your narative solves it!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WayneSolo wrote:
Are you even allowed to fight while filling up the gas in the truck? I don't think so.

Hmmmn... well, actually I thought you have no choice but to fight, whether you want to or not. You have to give up your move to fill the truck, but giving up your move doesn't prevent fights from occurring if zombies are already in your sqaure. I forget the wording, but I also read something about you have to survive in order to actually fill the gas tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.