Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group of 6 played this tonight and we really dug it. It is a quick game that makes you try to outwit your friends.

You are given 5 ships of which 2 have cannons printed on the bottoms. In addition you have 5 treasure cards ranging from 3 points to 7 points. Lastly you have 3 cannon cards.

To start the game everyone shuffles their treasure cards and flips one face up for everyone to see and they place it in the center of the table. Then you place one of your five ships on top of your treasure card. Only you know if it has a cannon on the botom or not.

On your turn you have three options.

1. Retrieve a treasure card of yours with one of your ships on it and score the points indicated.The ship is discarded.
2. Attack another persons ship in play with one of your three cannon cards.. If their ship has a cannon on the bottom, it is defended and you lose your cannon card and your opponent receives a point.If it does not have a cannon on the bottom, you get the treasue, score the points and your cannon card and their ship are discarded.If you are out of cannon cards, this is not an option.
3. Flip over a new treasure card and put it in the middle and add one of your ships to it.

Very simple and straight forward. You might think too easy.
While the concept itself is very easy to pick up, the strategy really comes down to how well do you know your gaming group. We played about 4 games in an hour. There is not much threat of Analysis Paralysis, and the game moves very quick. You will change tactics quite a bit as you play. The more games we played, the deeper our strategy went.

Card quality is wonderful, and the ships are simple but fill their purpose fine. The directions are simply laid out and you can pick up the game in 2 minutes.

This is no Citadels, but it is a quick game to play while you are waiting for that one guy who is always tardy. I really did enjoy it, even though we all made pirate jokes as we played.
Do you know what a pirates favorite fast food chain is? Aaaarby's.
What do pirates hate to wear? Aaaargyle sweaters.
It never ends.

-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know what kind of movies pirates like?

The kind that are rated ARrrrrrh.arrrh

What did the pirate say when he looked down and saw that he had a steering wheel attached to his trousers?

Aaarrh, it's driving me nuts!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Goudie
United States
Lake View Terrace
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find this to be deeper than I first thought. Of course, it is still a light game but I do like it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What branch of the military would a pirate join.

The navy... they are sailors you idiot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Diebel
United States
Phildelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
A pirate is sitting at a bar with a peg leg, a hook hand and an eye patch. Guy next to him asks "what happened to you."

Pirate replies - see this hear peg leg...lost it to the great white whale moby dick.

See this here hook hand. me lost in a sea battle with the royal navy when that sea dog cut off me hand with his cutlass.

See this here patch. A seagull shit in me eye!

Guy says...you lost your eye to seagull shit?

Pirate replies....aye...first day with me hook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. This is a very good light game, fast and fun.

Definitely much better than light pirate themed games like Korsari (Loot), or Pirateer, both of which are a peg-leg in the poop deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.