GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,706 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Hossa!» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Hossa! Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Baldanza
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
BGG Admin - Chairman of the Geekgold Reserve
badge
My son, Enzo Anthony, at an uncomfortable moment when 3 months old
mbmbmbmbmb
Hossa has been released in several editions, including one in a nice tin-box. This is a party game based on singing, and the game is a set of bilingual cards divided into "keyword" cards and "category" cards. On a turn, a player takes one of each type, and chooses one to give to the player to their left while discarding the other. That player then has several options to score: one point for naming a song that matches the category or includes the keyword, two points for singing the song's title, and four points for singing a full verse from the song. Anyone who accurately sings along also gains a point. The card then passes and the next player must name or sing another song that meets the category or contains the keyword. Obviously, with more players this gets both more challenging and more fun.

Hossa is all about who you’re playing with. I bring this to extended family events and we have a ball; I can imagine with different groups it wouldn't work as well. You certainly could bluff -- sing a phrase that you make up on the spot and see who calls you on it -- and this just adds to the fun. The rules include other variations for team play and "choirs" which use a Name-That-Tune idea. Hossa is good fun for anyone with a song in their heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmo Kramer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...looks like all that injury time off in Chicago gave Marian a chance to create a game, though it's hard to imagine hockey players singing in the locker room.

Oh, and he won't win the Cup again this year

All joking aside, sounds like an interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.