GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Warhammer 40,000» Forums » General

Subject: Please help identify these minis. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Who are they? Are they still being played or have they been made obsolete?

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Eldar... Still being used

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=25...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a basic Dark Eldar unit (with a Splinter Rifle, I think). They are technically still legal but they haven't gotten new models, a new codex, or any real support for about two editions of the game. They seem to be one of the least popular armies and their models all look very out of date next to more current sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much to the both of you.

Take care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
That's a basic Dark Eldar unit (with a Splinter Rifle, I think). They are technically still legal but they haven't gotten new models, a new codex, or any real support for about two editions of the game. They seem to be one of the least popular armies and their models all look very out of date next to more current sculpts.

May I rephrase that?

They are technically still legal but they haven't gotten new models, a new codex, or any real support for about two editions of the game, that is why they are one of the least popular armies and their models all look very out of date next to more current sculpts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that they are the next 40K army to get updated (as well as Tyranids)... Grapevine.
I think that if they make them anywhere close to the latest releases, they will be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Bowdish
United States
Argyle
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Tyranid Codex, new plastic kits and new metal minis come out Jan. 16th. Something else is supposed to be out in March, maybe Dark Eldar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantidman wrote:
The new Tyranid Codex, new plastic kits and new metal minis come out Jan. 16th. Something else is supposed to be out in March, maybe Dark Eldar?

Dark Eldar is getting a complete new line of resculpts, so they pushed back their release. We should see them by the end of 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
::looking around, waiting for someone to rant about how evil Games Workshop is::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, right now Tyranid players are raving at the new sculpts, new units, new rules...no time for ranting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantidman wrote:

Allegedly, we're expecting Blood Angels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin1980 wrote:
Mantidman wrote:

Allegedly, we're expecting Blood Angels.

Here's the thing. Because GWs main sales are through the Space Marines, I think it would be potentially likely that we'll see a lot of Upgrade Packs like the Space Wolves stuff because they don't need a complete line rehaul. I'm actually okay with that.

I'd much rather see them take some time making the new DE stuff look really nice as opposed to rushing it out.

In addition, I think they should also make a single Eldar box that is an Aspect Warriors box that has all the pieces needed to make any of the aspects.

My 2c.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
::looking around, waiting for someone to rant about how evil Games Workshop is::

Something, something Evil.... Something, something GW complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.