Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.CON

Subject: 100gg BGG.Con 2009 Session Report prize UNCLAIMED!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't know what this is about, click here.

Either nobody cared, or couldn't find the game, or saw the game and thought it wasn't worth the trouble - because I didn't get my note back. I was very discreet and kept checking the box to make sure the note was in there, and it still was as of Sunday morning.

Now the good news!


I found another unpunched game this year. One that was older than the one I ran this contest for and had a better rating, which surprised me in that it hadn't been touched. I wrote yet another note, which is dated and has my name on it, so I'm planning on re-running the contest again next year, with the prizes depending on how much geekgold I have at the time.

See you next year!
6 
 Thumb up
101
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't come across the game in question this year, so maybe next year I'll find one of those two. The odds just doubled of me finding one of them!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If I was truly the product of “Intelligent Design,” I’m pretty sure my fingers would be smaller or my nose would be bigger.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
Avatar
mbmb
My family checked out over a dozen games, and three of them were unpunched or only partially punched. We didn't know to look for a note, so we might have played the mystery game and didn't know it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been right on top of everything in the game in plain sight, so you couldn't have missed it. I didn't make it *that* hard.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There seemed to be many unpunched games in the library. I helped "unpunch" Automobile for one example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
There seemed to be many unpunched games in the library. I helped "unpunch" Automobile for one example.


It's easy to punch a *new* game. It's much harder to punch one that's several years old and has probably been in the library a while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Automobile is old.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
My family checked out over a dozen games, and three of them were unpunched or only partially punched. We didn't know to look for a note, so we might have played the mystery game and didn't know it.


According to the 2009 library stats, no one checked out the original game, and I was the only person to check out the one game I punched this year and that will be the subject of the contest next year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
According to the 2009 library stats, no one checked out the original game, and I was the only person to check out the one game I punched this year and that will be the subject of the contest next year.


So if I was planning ahead, I should make note of all the games checked out 1 time and check them all out next year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
Thosw wrote:
According to the 2009 library stats, no one checked out the original game, and I was the only person to check out the one game I punched this year and that will be the subject of the contest next year.


So if I was planning ahead, I should make note of all the games checked out 1 time and check them all out next year.


According to my quick count, there were approximately 444 games that were checked out only once. You'll have five (well, four and half) days to do that. Good luck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
Lil Red Head wrote:
Thosw wrote:
According to the 2009 library stats, no one checked out the original game, and I was the only person to check out the one game I punched this year and that will be the subject of the contest next year.


So if I was planning ahead, I should make note of all the games checked out 1 time and check them all out next year.


According to my quick count, there were approximately 444 games that were checked out only once. You'll have five (well, four and half) days to do that. Good luck.

Hee hee, I do like a challenge. arrrh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of surprised this year to find as many unpunched games as I did. My wife and I punched at least three games that I can recall and bagged several others. I found another game that I didn't bother to punch because I just wanted to look at the components.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.