Popular Tags: SYFY [+] [View All]
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to read the rules for this game they are available. Instead of going over them I am going to go over what I thought of the game.

If you enjoy space themed games with trade and and exploration you will like this one.

What does it have going for it?
1. The theme works. I have purchased and played a few other space themed titles recently that turned out to be abstracts with a space theme tacked on. While they were good games I was disappointed. Terra Prime uses the theme well.

2. It's short. A 90 minute game tops. If you don't want to invest the time to play Twilight Imperium then you can play this.

3. The rules are easy to learn and teach. I played one game on Thursday and taught one game on Saturday at BGG Con. The only thing that I had to look up was the set up as the game was already set up the first time around.

The Cons:
1. Placing new tiles was sometimes difficult. It only happened once, but we were unable to place a tile and had to remove it because we could not place it without the planets ending up one jump away. This was the only thing that bothered me about the game. Actually looking back through the rules I think some of the problems we faced with placing new systems and what slowed the game down was misreading the rules. I think on a couple occasions we were treating asteroids like planets and trying to avoid placing them next to other planets. I leave this in here because I am not sure that is what happened on the first game when we had to take the system out.

Actually that is the only thing that really bothered me about the game. I look forward to seeing more games from Mr. Jaffe in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yeah. Asteroid != Planet!
That would screw things up. You shouldnt be unable to place a tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking more and more forward to recieving my copy :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Ah, yeah. Asteroid != Planet!
That would screw things up. You shouldnt be unable to place a tile.

IT IS possible, but it VERY VERY seldom comes up. It's important to remember that Asteroids do not count as planets (but Terra Prime does!)

- Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveCole wrote:
Actually that is the only thing that really bothered me about the game. I look forward to seeing more games from Mr. Jaffe in the future.

As it turns out, all games that are published by Tasty Minstrel Games will be going through a development process with Seth. So you can be assured that what we publish will be polished.

Seth has done a great job with all of Terra Prime and development on Homesteaders and Belfort which will be coming out in 2010.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...still want to try Belfort.... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mb
zefquaavius wrote:
...still want to try Belfort.... cry

I had the privilege of playing Belfort at RinCon '09 and am very much looking forward to this coming out. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.