Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone. After perusing the rules section here I found a couple of things we did wrong.

I didn't find the answer to one question I've got though in regards to military cards.

I know you are allowed to have as many military cards as you have military actions. What happens if you have three red tokens and have three military cards? Do you get to pick up three more cards and then have to discard on your next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
Designer of two games and one expansion
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you draw as many cards equal to your not used military actions (maximum of three). Than in next round, after your political action (after not before) you have to discard military cards to so you'll have no more than number of your red tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct -- you can always draw at the end of your turn beyond the maximum. You don't discard until after you do your political action.

One thing to keep in mind that I always forget -- you can't draw more than three military cards, even if you have more red tokens left over.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
That is correct -- you can always draw at the end of your turn beyond the maximum. You don't discard until after you do your political action.

One thing to keep in mind that I always forget -- you can' draw more than three military cards, even if you have more red tokens left over.

Geoff

you forgot a 't'

"can't draw more than three military cards"

just adding this to make sure it is clear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sinclair
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Devon. Great game. Hope you like it.
The player aids (with the detailed step-by-step turn order) are really well done and very helpful in keeping track of when each step happens. I've played many, many times and I still use the aids faithfully to make sure that I don't get steps out of order. I'd recommend leaning heavily on the aids to help keep turns correct and organized especially while learning the game.

Have fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. That's what I thought and that's how we played it. Just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
engelstein wrote:

One thing to keep in mind that I always forget -- you can' draw more than three military cards, even if you have more red tokens left over.

Geoff

you forgot a 't'

"can't draw more than three military cards"

just adding this to make sure it is clear

Thanks! I got the apostrophe -- do I get partial credit?

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
Thanks! I got the apostrophe -- do I get partial credit?

Geoff

sure do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.