Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Lopera
Spain
flag msg tools
Any questions:

COVER

Trucks and wagons offer cover to the squad?

TRANSPORTING

How units can are trasported in a vehicle?

The process is:
1. The transport unit and the transported unit are in the same hex.
2. The transported unit pays her movement factor for be loaded.
3. The transport unit do the movement.
4. The transported unit ies unloaded paying her movement factor. The unit is alocated in the same hex that tranport

TIME DURATION

How time each firefight takes approximately?

UNIT IN THE SAME HEX

A unit in the same hex that other enemy unit can does a fire combat? or the unit must attacks in close combat if it wants attack.

SMOKE

A unit in a hex with smoke (+2DM) I thin that should have a penalty -2FP when it attacks.

I think the visibility is reduced to the unit that attacks a hex with smoke and for the drive that is in the hex with smoke.

What happens when two rival units clash in the same hex with smoke? Both units have-2DM when defending?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, all vehicles provide cover. The rule book states they (trucks and wagons) are vehicles.

Your explanation of transporting is correct. But you may need to tap into your CAPs if you do not have enough. Transportation used the GROUP ACTION so both units would be USED.

I think if 2 units are in the same hex they must to a close combat. I'm not really sure.

I like smoke the way it is to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
Transporting:
It is not quite like you described.

If I understand you correctly you think you have two different sources of APs to spend.

Transported units use Group Actions, so effectively they always BOTH pay the costs of the actions you described:

The process is:
1. The transport unit and the transported unit are in the same hex. You then activate both together with a shared activation.
2. You pay the movement cost of the unit being loaded from their common AP Pool.
3. You pay the movement cost of the transporting unit to move from their common AP Pool.
4. You pay the movement cost of the transported unit to unload the unit from the common AP Pool.
5. The unit is now located in the same hex as that tranport.

Instead of the shared AP Pool of the two units you could also use CAPs or Command Action cards to do any of these. Either way they always draw the costs of each action from a common source. Either their common AP Pool or the Caps or the command card.

SAME HEX ...
A Unit that has an enemy unit in it's hex can not fire outside that hex. However they are not forced to attack the unit in the hex, they are perfectly free to move out of the hex instead.

There is only one limit on that:
Right after the enemy moved into the hex the unit cannot move into the hex where that enemy unit came from or one of the hexes adjacent to that hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Lopera
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks for response!

And why the trucks and wagons offers cover to squad? The wagons are unit without fire power!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But when being shot at, they can hide behind the wagon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firepower has nothing to do with cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Lopera
Spain
flag msg tools
ok!

And why units stacked with other friendly un-hit units receive an additional +1 rally die roll per friendly unt-hit unit in the same hex?

The unit ralling can hide behind any unit un-hit in the same hex? Why un-hit?

For the cover in defense a hit unit can offers cover.

Cover in defense: un-hit unit or hit unit
Cover for ralling: only un-hit unit
Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unhit because it is a lot easier to get to grips with your morale if you have some pals around you who are standing up and doing their job rather than also hitting the dirt in panic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Lopera
Spain
flag msg tools
Cover in defense: stack with un-hit unit or hit unit
Cover for ralling: stack only un-hit unit

What is the difference? Why for defending cover is valid a hit unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, but I don't understand at all what you mean.

Could you elaborate, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto,
Rallying is the process of getting your men to become a cohesive unit again. They are scared and panicked. If they are with other men who are not scared and panicked, they will calm down much quicker. That is why they get a rally bonus if another unhit unit is with them.

Both hit and unhit units get the defense modifiers, because trees do not care if they are panicked or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.