Subject: WN Tactical Reinforcement Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
During an turn 8 attack on a WN with required weapons and at least twice the attacking strength, I revealed a Tactical Reinforcement as the depth marker for that WN. I placed the tactical reinforcement in the nearest reinforcement area, thus leaving only the WN unit in the hex I was attacking. My troops obviously still had the required weapons and were still at least double in strength, but then I got confused - with only the WN unit now in the hex should I be resolving the attack using the 'Gerrman Unit Alone' column, or should I be using the 'German Unit and Revealed Depth Marker' column that I had been expecting to have to use since I originally was attacking a hex with a depth marker? To my mind, the tactical reinforcement depth marker was never really in that hex in the first place (that's why that unit got placed in a different hex), so I should be using the 'German Unit Alone' column - but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe using 'German Unit Alone' should be correct. Section 9.4 states that the depth marker is removed immediately (along with placing the reinforcement unit) upon being revealed - in my interpretation, this means it happens before you re-check the attack results table.

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter you are right. (Or I have been playing very wrong, which is not new )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Solitas wrote:
I believe using 'German Unit Alone' should be correct. Section 9.4 states that the depth marker is removed immediately (along with placing the reinforcement unit) upon being revealed - in my interpretation, this means it happens before you re-check the attack results table.

I thought based upon the US Attack Results Chart Note 1 the German unit was defeated at that point. Of course that seems to be the same result as the German unit alone column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gbaker59 wrote:
Lady Solitas wrote:

I thought based upon the US Attack Results Chart Note 1 the German unit was defeated at that point. Of course that seems to be the same result as the German unit alone column.

Ah, thanks for spotting that! I thought I had read something to that effect somewhere, but couldn't find it in the rulebook, so I figured I must have misrememberd. It didn't occur to me to check the charts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.