Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer using markers to indicate cards that are used, kneeled, exhausted, whatever.. I find it helps one reading the information on such cards if they aren't turned 90 degrees, thus not requiring some head swivelling (I find it's easier to read upside down!) and if they have just a counter/figure on the picture.

So for example, in Call of Cthulhu, I use the mini Cthulhu models (now available) to denote exhausted.

And so we come to GoT. Well the Cthulhu figures don't look at all in keeping with the GoT theme, so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for what counters or figures one could use or buy to mark cards as kneeled? I was wondering whether the figures from "Shadow over Camelot" might be suitable- they're certainly in keeping with the fantasy/knight/medieval period of GoT... but there's not enough of them, and each figure is different, and so may cause confusion.

So I guess what I'm looking for are 20 or so uniform figures or counters or markers that are vaguely fantasy medieval?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with your question but I am puzzled that this is viewed as a problem, turning the cards. Most of the special abilities that have any text beyond a word or so are turned off when the card is kneeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Rick. But to each his own. What about some cheapo bingo chips from somewhere like Walmart?

If you wanted to get fancy, you could also buy some of those flashy Fantasy Flight Gaming counters:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Those are sweet lookin' counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam

Yep those FF gaming tokens do look sweet... have to see if they're available in the UK!

On the kneeling "turning off" special abilities.. I'm only new to GoT LCG, but I thought that there were quite a lot of character/keyword/passive abilities remained in place... you're a Lord even if you're kneeled.. I'll have to check the rules again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but those are generally one-word abilities and not difficult to see when the card kneeled. I thought you were talking about abilities that were actully written out on the card. Those are usually turned off when the card is kneeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.