Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Martin
England
Whitstable
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between the Avalon Hill version and the battleline version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crowleyhammer wrote:
What is the difference between the Avalon Hill version and the battleline version?

The best answer is to be found in Alan Moon's article "On Deck", from The General Vol 18, #6.

In that article, Alan, who "developed" the AH version from the BattleLine version explains the differences and why he made the choices he made. If you'd like a copy, I can send you a zipped version of the pdf.

You might also be interested in my article, CV and Flat Top Explained in the file section. That article describes how FT compares to CV, Craig Taylors later incarnation of essentially the same system.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24183
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Martin
England
Whitstable
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!

I will take a look at your article and ill geekmail my email address for the pdf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
crowleyhammer wrote:

Hi Neil,

on the differences between Battleline and Avalon Hill rule I quote here what I've said in the discussion on the various versions.
BlackSheeper in Flat Top's Game Versions thread wrote:
Avalon Hill designers made several changes. The most notable is that they eliminated the Basic game.

They changed the fuel ruling.

In Battleline version the fuel rule is part of the basic game, in AH version it is an optional rule.

Then they changed the refueling penalty, in Battleline it starts if you don't start fueling by the established moment, and it interests all ships, slow and fast. In AH it reduces only the speed of the fast ships (two hex per turn), and affects ships only after they have started refueling.

For me the Battleline version is better.

This is the more remarkable things that I remember. If I remeber something else I will give another reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.