1 Posts

Terra Prime» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Terra Prime Demo at RinCon '09 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Show Low
flag msg tools
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
Having missed BGG Con and waiting for my copy to arrive, I figured I would reminisce about getting to play Terra Prime at RinCon '09.

Seth introduced the game and explained the rules to the players: Jon, John, Ben, and I. All of us except for Ben had played the game when it was in it's prototype phase so it was cool to see the final product and learn the final rules. We loaded up our ships and set off to explore the galaxy. The gameplay was pretty straightforward for the most part as we shuttled back and forth between Terra Prime and the colonies.

I focused on the left side of the map and loaded up on guns to fight off the aliens. I ran into some awful dice roles and ended up losing a good amount of shields and goods in spite of my preparation.

John focused on the right side of the map and was quite daring in his exploration. He ran into a bunch of aliens and had to scramble back to safety. It was a bold move and didn't pay off, unfortunately.

Jon and Ben focused on the middle and that paid off for Ben. We all had a good time and I look forward to playing again as there are ship upgrades that I haven't gotten to try out yet.

Final score:
Gray 50 me (2nd)
White 56 Ben
Purple 31 Jon
Orange 43 John

I'm tempted to write a review, but want to wait until the game arrives so I can be more thorough.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.