Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
This might not be the masterpiece of my collection, my Crown Jewel, but still I was captivated by the humorous illustrations and rather light-strategic alternative to Munchkin.

That is, until I discovered that one of my heroes were missing. The Ranger to be more precise, which was of course a huge letdown as it limited the game somewhat, not to say a huge-what.

Therefore, I waited a year or two, just to see if he would materialize in the box. He did not (surprise!) and I thought to figure out whom to contact for a replacement card.

This was no small task, as the publisher did not have email, and was different from the English-language version's publisher (which also did not have an email). Through some searching-of-the-Internet, I found the homepage of the original publisher: Stratelibri.

I found an Italian email, and it was with grave thought that I send an email their way, explaining my plight in English.

Four weeks later (I guess it was difficult to find a translator) I receive an email where they simply ask for my postal-address - *face-palm* - that they might try and send me the missing card.

Three weeks later still, I receive a small package - inside be goodies!

- A note saying they hope this package reaches me, safe and sound.
- My missing card
- All six (yes six) promotional cards put out through the years

Thank you Stratelibri, it is a pleasant surprise when a company shows an interest, and actually goes beyond the line of duty.

I just wanted to share this small story with you guys, as I think it is necessary to point out the good things in life sometimes. Well, it cannot hurt now, can it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Clemens
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
So any chance you still have that email address. I recently picked up the game and expansions and it had torn cards in the brand new boxes. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing, it's:

info@stratelibri.it

It took them a while to answer the mail, but other than that it worked fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Clemens
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info but I was able to get a hold of the replacements through Fantasy Flight's customer service dept as, I believe, they are the new u.s. distributor. Not as lucky w/ the promo cards though, apparently they don't have acccess to them.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.