Subject: we can do it ! yes we can ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge

The last time I did a session update with regards to my play time with Red November, I made a comment saying that the game wasn’t hard enough, and wasn’t producing the traumatic results I was hoping for.

Well, I had another play session yesterday, 3 more in fact. Back to back to back.
And the toughest in the game I was requesting for ? check. Traumatic deaths ? check check check.

And boy did we lose. And lost real bad.

Just to keep things short and readable, here’s how things went

1st game of the night

We failed with the heat track on minute 30. Yes, 30. not even closed to being saved.
We all couldn’t get into the room due to a fire in the heat room and the items room and the captain’s room.
And one gnome died. Me. Fainted and burnt in room 5. Remember room 5. it would be the death of us all, all night long.

2nd game of the night

We failed to stop the missile launch timed event at minute 23. No better than before really. Basically we couldn’t head into the room due to more fires and block hatches and flooded rooms. We were all stranded… at the heat room. How ironic.
And we had one more dead gnome. Not myself this time. And, lo and behold, he drowned in room 5. Yes, good old spacious room 5. He fainted and drowned all in the same turn (due to his own event cards).

3rd and final game of the night (we can do it ! yes we can !)

This one was tight.
One drowned gnome in the pressure room. Me. Me again. I had a real bad night. Haha
And we had two fainted gnomes in the asphyxiation room. But it was already minute zero for them both. So it was down to our brave friend at 13 minutes to go.
She did nothing till the next event marker. And poof, timed event for crushed to be solved by minute 1.

She tried to head for the room, but was stuck in… room 5. Blocked by a hatch with not much time to undo it. (low water in the engine room, asphyxiation room and the room connected to both meant too much time to enter each to reach the engine room for a fix) The outcome would soon be obvious. A slow painful crushing death for 2 fainted gnomes in the asphyxiation room and 1 in the spacious luxurious room 5. And with just one minute left to spare.

We can do it ! sorry friends, not this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.