Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Driftwood Games has signed a deal with Rio Grande Games to print Arctic Scavengers under the Rio Grande name. This will be a professional quality release using the same EU manufacturing standards as Rio Grande uses for Dominion. The release will consist of 200 cards, combining the basic Arctic Scavengers game and the HQ expansion all in one box. Current production schedules are slated for Spring 2010.

Here's the press release on Rio Grande's website: http://www.riograndegames.com/news.html?id=29

A special THANK YOU goes out to all the playtesters, fans, and supporters of Arctic Scavengers. The dream of indie games that start in someone's basement and turn into professional quality games that are played all over the world is alive and well because of your support. Thank you very much for everything you have done and continue to do to promote this game.

Keep Scavenging!

Robert Kyle Gabhart
Driftwood Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Robert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait. You must be so proud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Cook
United States
Corinth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! This is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to playing this with the HQ expansion. Hope to see more games from you guys in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great, but it kind of blows for those of us who bought the original edition. Looks like we have to buy it twice.=(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
That's great, but it kind of blows for those of us who bought the original edition. Looks like we have to buy it twice.=(

GASP!! You mean you aren't thrilled to be a member of the elite group of early adopters that were so brilliant as to recognize an exceptional game long before the hordes of other gamers that sat around wondering if the game was going to be successful? This same group of elite early adopters that you are a member of is also the group which has one of the 200 or so limited-edition copies of the ORIGINAL game!!! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Robert. Great to see an indie game getting a big publisher release!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gabhart wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

GASP!! You mean you aren't thrilled to be a member of the elite group of early adopters that were so brilliant as to recognize an exceptional game long before the hordes of other gamers that sat around wondering if the game was going to be successful? This same group of elite early adopters that you are a member of is also the group which has one of the 200 or so limited-edition copies of the ORIGINAL game!!! cool

If I were independently wealthy, sure.
But retired and on a fixed income, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw my congrats into the ring, as well!

Glad to see things coming to fruition for you all at Driftwood Games!

I eagerly anticipate HQ...can't wait to see what all the playtesting figured out. Good stuff.

And if I have to buy it twice, so be it. It's a good game and worth the $$$, imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.. game AND expansion in one box. Sounds intriguing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robert, I am delighted. I can't wait to get the full Rio Grande treatment version (especially with the expansion stuff, which is absolutely brilliant), and I'm especially ecstatic to have been one of the few who has the early one, too.

Congratulations, man. You earned it - great freaking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
gabhart wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

You know, I'll bet if you call the police, they may be able to do something about the guy with the gun to your head who is forcing you to buy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Gislon
Italy
Milan
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

So I'll finally manage to grab a copy! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for finally getting this out into the open. I swear, this was one of the worst-kept secrets among us Dallas/Fort Worth gamers.

A couple of questions:

Will Matt Burton still be doing the art?

Rio Grande's press release states the game is 2-5 players, whereas the original was 3-5. I'm assuming someone has either come up with a rulechange that allows this, or it's a typo.

Myself, I've been working on some solo-play rules with the original setup that I hope to get out there.

Since playtesting the expansion earlier this year, I've been looking forward to this! Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Schemenaur
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yahoo! Looking forward to the "deluxe" edition, but I'll hold onto the original too. Congrats, Kyle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VixenTorGames wrote:
Rokkr wrote:
gabhart wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

You know, I'll bet if you call the police, they may be able to do something about the guy with the gun to your head who is forcing you to buy games.

Or perhaps he could just point out to you that buying the same game twice is the point, not buying games.
I'd like to be able to buy a different game instead of the same one twice.

But then you knew that. You apparently just wanted to be a jerk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Katsoufis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Do you seriously believe that BGG ratings matter that much?
mbmbmbmbmb
When you buy a game from a small publisher the point is not that much of buying the game as it is to support them.
I see small publishers as friends who made their dream come true, a dream that I can fully relate to and hopefully everyone in here too, to make games.
And when one of these friends make it big... RIO GRANDE BIG!!! I am extremely happy cause it goes to show that you can pursue your dreams however childish or impossible they seem to some naysayers.

So after reading this:
gabhart wrote:

A special THANK YOU goes out to all the playtesters, fans, and supporters of Arctic Scavengers. The dream of indie games that start in someone's basement and turn into professional quality games that are played all over the world is alive and well because of your support. Thank you very much for everything you have done and continue to do to promote this game.

Keep Scavenging!

All you can think of is the 30-something bucks you spent on it. Dude YOU are the jerk.
Really if all you can think is money then I'll send you the money you spent for the game (GM me with your paypal information) just stop whining in a thread like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piscatella wrote:
Really if all you can think is money then I'll send you the money you spent for the game (GM me with your paypal information) just stop whining in a thread like this.

Is this offer open to everyone who has the original game and will it speed up you sending me the money if I start whining
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm too getting into a whiny mood...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thosw wrote:
Thanks for finally getting this out into the open. I swear, this was one of the worst-kept secrets among us Dallas/Fort Worth gamers.

LOL. Yeah, it was getting kinda ridiculous. I'm not quite sure where the leak initially sprung, but I started getting e-mails pretty quickly from people I could not imagine had found out. The grapevine (intentional pun for all you Dallas / Fort Worth locals) is certainly alive and well.

Thosw wrote:
Will Matt Burton still be doing the art?

Excellent question. That is entirely up to Rio Grande. They have Matt's contact information and may decide to use him for the expansion or completely redo all the art with their own artist. The decision on this has yet to be made.

Thosw wrote:
Rio Grande's press release states the game is 2-5 players, whereas the original was 3-5. I'm assuming someone has either come up with a rulechange that allows this, or it's a typo.

There is an official 2-player variant that is going to be released with the HQ expansion (a quick scan of that page will reveal a 2-5 player listing, rather than 3-5 player). This same 2-player variant will be contained in the rules printed with the Rio Grande release. I'll also issue a PDF copy of the variant sometime before that release.

Thosw wrote:
Myself, I've been working on some solo-play rules with the original setup that I hope to get out there.

Very interesting. Would love to see that. Maybe I should not be a stranger and actually show up to Tuesday night gaming once in a while!

Thosw wrote:
Since playtesting the expansion earlier this year, I've been looking forward to this! Congratulations!

Thanks. Me too. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a fun game. I've been on a big post-apocalyptic kick lately and there aren't enough games in that general genre. Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Kyle! I'm glad that we (South Arlington Gamers) could be of assistance in the development of your fine game. I look forward to seeing how RGG handles the reprint.

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.