Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
voor euro's en thematische spellen
badge
Kom spellen spelen bij het spelpaleis
mbmbmbmbmb
This years Spellenspektakel I played a chess variant, where you start with points to build your chess army, so you can have for example 3 horses but no queen. Also 2 cubes were placed on the board to block fields.

Does anyone know the name of this game?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it be Shuuro? (Specifically, mini-Shuuro, which is played on a 6x6 field, a quarter of the full board, and uses two blocks and less points than the full game... sounds like that might have been what you played)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Lauwbierkoffie
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
voor euro's en thematische spellen
badge
Kom spellen spelen bij het spelpaleis
mbmbmbmbmb
That is it thanks a lot, hehe now I can give it finally a 4, a review will follow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be looking forward to your review - I've been intrigued by this variant, but the ugly colour scheme and the lack of pieces beyond the standard chess ones has turned me off it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather liked the color scheme- in person it looks pretty good.

As for the fact there are only standard chess pieces, that is actually a good thing. It means you don't have to remember any new rules for the movement of pieces, and if you have ever played chess, it requires no new thinking on how to move pieces.

That being said, it would be nice, just for variation, to have ONE unique piece that could be used in the game. They could sell it (cheaply) as tiny add-on or expansion.

Something really clever. Like a zombie knight, that requires a shot to the head to kill it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.