Thumb up
3 Posts

International Movie Maker» Forums » General

Subject: On line version of International Moviemaker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Smith
msg tools
I was a great fan of this board game back in the seventys and as a pet project I have created an online version at

It is based on simular rules (Accept there is no player trading/Auctions at the moment and you can only play upto 5 computer players at the moment).

This game is still in Beta so there may be a few bugs kicking around, and it sits on my broadband at home so may take a little while to load up the images, but any comments will be welcome by email to julian - at PLEASE put IMM in the subject at the front otherwise it will get lost as spam, or post on this forum I guess.

Quick FAQ

You need to sign up

Goto the website

You will need a username and password so you can sign up.
Just make a username up and password and press submit.

Follow the online instructions

Playing the game

Start a new game (At the moment you can only play the computer not other players)

Click on 'Start New Server'

Select number of players, starting money, and game type Explained below and a text verification number

Press 'create server'

You will be then in the main page at the bottom Left there is a Games in Progress section click on the link to play this game or (X) to delete it.

The game is still very much in BETA stage so there may be a few bugs also the database may be refreshed as I develop the game.

GAME TYPE (explained)

Normal - Normal game production cards are not reshuffled when exausted

Short - 4 cards are distributed at the beginning of the game production cards are not reshuffled when exausted

Long - Production cards are reshuffled when exausted, Cards that have made movies do not go into the production box

Recycle - Production cards are reshuffled when exausted, Cards that have made movies do go into the production box

X Turns - Cards are recycled and the game is limited to X turns

The usial start is Normal and 750,000 starting money

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Bundy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Are you still keeping MovieMaker going? I note the site says last update at the end of Oct last year, so I can imagine maybe Xmas got in the way of things!

Interested to see how it works online.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Smith
msg tools
Yep the game is back on line now the site was moved reciently still an ongoing project, I will be making improvments such as Player vs Player instead of Player vs Computer.[geekurl=]International Moviemaker[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.