Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure I saw something like this posted before...

But anyway...

In looking at GWaS from Avalanche Press, the actual ship-to-ship combat part of the game seems a little weak. Then I thought I remembered someone saying that they would resolve the 'tactical' level game using the counters as 'miniatures' and play using a set of WWI naval combat miniatures rules...

How well does this work?
Which rule set would work best? Something a step above the GWaS tactical system, but not too awfully complex.

Oh yeah... Hey Happy Thanksgiving to all us Yanks... who don't happen to be Native Americans...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schwarz
United States
New Baltimore
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use the computer Warship Combat: Navies at War game to resolve the tactical fights. That is if you are playing solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try getting a hold of Great War at Sea: Dreadnoughts - this includes a whole new GWAS tactical system using all the standard GWAS material, with a lot more detail & options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay white
Canada
Bowen Island
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking exactly the same thing you are! I bought Fear God Dread Nought from Clash of Arms last month, and have Great War at Sea in the mail. This is something I'd like to play online eventually - especially some kind of referee'd game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.