Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Can't Stop» Forums » General

Subject: My 3 turn game of Can't Stop against three AI players on the Android G1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Loden
United States
Auburn
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Listen here pilgrim, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I would love to share with you a game of Can't Stop I recently finished on my G1 against three AI players. Big thanks to Joe Sack who programmed the game now available for free on the Android Market.

My first turn I swiftly got on the 6-7-8 gravy train and rode it all the way to closing 8s. It took 16 rolls. Not sure the exact odds of this happening, but I'm guessing its around 27%. The three AI players apparently tried to compensate but each went too far and all lost their progress.

My next turn, with 6 & 7 about a third of the way closed, I got 6-7-12 on a roll. I was stuffing my marker in the last 6 spot before I knew it with only five slots remaining for my 7.

The AI algorithms' had a meltdown like warm cranberry sauce and those AI turkeys had only moved a combined 15 spots when my last turn rolled around.

My last turn was on 4-7-12. Five rolls later and I had whip-creamed my opponent's collective pumpkin pie. The squash fest was complete. The dressing down was delivered.

Now can you find all the Thanksgiving play-on-words in this report?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Weintraub
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Lock him up!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Pilgrim, gravy, rolls, progress, stuffing, melt cranberry sauce turkeys whip-cream pumpkin pie squash dressing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Loden
United States
Auburn
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanksgiving terms
I didn't even realize I put in the word

Spoiler (click to reveal)
progress

Nice catch! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, the game in the Android marketplace is titled "Press Your Luck" if you're searching for it.

I also did a short writeup on it here: http://meandmydroid.blogspot.com/2009/12/freebie-friday-ii.h....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and now Roll or Don't is also available for the Android platform. It has far better AI than the free "Press Your Luck" but also has a cost:

http://meandmydroid.blogspot.com/2010/01/roll-or-dont.html

- Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.