GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,929 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Carson City: The Indian» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is an owned space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gábor Iványosi-Szabó
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the space is occupied by a mountain or a house can I place my property tile underneath and this way acquire them as well with the help of the Indian tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
I've only played this once, so I could be wrong. Owned spaces are spaces with people's property markers on them. So yes, you can get a space with a mountain or house. That is how I was taught at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfectly possible in the normal game to put a guy on a house or mountain and own it so that they only score for your buildings and not your opponents.

Seems like that would apply equally to the bonus character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Artax wrote:
If the space is occupied by a mountain or a house can I place my property tile underneath and this way acquire them as well with the help of the Indian tile?

Xavier Georges confirms that the only thing that matters is if the parcel of land is owned or not, if it contains a house or mountain, but they don't belong to a player, then they're not owned and you can acquire them with the Indian's ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Goodson
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a space is already owned by another player do you keep rolling until you get two unowned spaces? Or are you SOL if you roll where someone else already is?

(edited for typos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
BraddockG wrote:
If a space is already owned by another player do you keep rolling until you get two unowned spaces? Or are you SOL if you roll where someone else already is?

(edited for typos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Goodson
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops....tee hee. The things you miss when you're tired! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Here's an idea from the designer to make it easier to find a free parcel on a crowded board. I came across it buried deep in the main Carson City forums, so I thought I'd post it here so it could be seen easier. :)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4119079#4119079

Quote:
The INDIAN
You receive immediately two parcels at random (throw the dice twice - if the designated parcel is already owned, roll the dice again). Cash limit: $20

Unfortunately, I expect this rule could be a problem, especially with five players buying a lot of parcels (I must say that I haven’t tested the Indian in this configuration, shame on me!). In this case, you could have to roll the dice hundred times before finding two free parcels (not owned).

So, I suggest the following update: if the designated parcel is already owned, check the parcel just above the designated parcel, and continue clockwise around the designated parcel until you find a free parcel you can take.

Variant: When you choose the Indian, the maximum price of any parcel you buy is $3. Cash limit: $30

Xavier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil ...but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I actually really like the idea of the indian "Circling" the thrown space if it's owned. hehehehe a bit thematic actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.