Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Favour of Mork, sacrificing a defending unit, count loyalty simbols rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

We just played two games, and a few questions came up, most of which I could find already in forums, but not for these:

1. Can I play Favour of Mork (text: Spell, Action: One target unit loses l (hammer) and another target unit gains l (hammer) until the end of the turn. ) if there is only one unit in play?
If this would be MtG, I would say no, because I cannot choose a valid target for the second part. Although it would be nice if I could take away a hammer from the guy, and don't care about the second part of the text.

2. Lobber Crew is defending in Kingdom. I sacrifice it after my opponent assigns damage to him, but before damage apply. Where does the assigned damage go? Based on Mtg, I would say it vanishes, but it's also an option that it gets assigned to the capital instead. This is no MtG afterall, so there could be other interpretations...

3. When do I have to count the race symbols for the loyalty cost? Beginning of turn, beginning of the Capital phase, or just right before playing the card?
In other words, do the race symbols on the card played immediately before count to the symbols, which I can pay with? (I wouldn't ask this, but my opponent was argueing... . my guess is yes, they count )

Thanks for the opinions!

Bye,
Laszlo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
horlaci wrote:
1. Can I play Favour of Mork (text: Spell, Action: One target unit loses l (hammer) and another target unit gains l (hammer) until the end of the turn. ) if there is only one unit in play?
If this would be MtG, I would say no, because I cannot choose a valid target for the second part. Although it would be nice if I could take away a hammer from the guy, and don't care about the second part of the text.

Yes...but the same card must be the target of both parts of the card - making it completely useless

horlaci wrote:

2. Lobber Crew is defending in Kingdom. I sacrifice it after my opponent assigns damage to him, but before damage apply. Where does the assigned damage go? Based on Mtg, I would say it vanishes, but it's also an option that it gets assigned to the capital instead. This is no MtG afterall, so there could be other interpretations...

It vanishes, assigned damage works very simillarly to how battle damage got 'locked in' prior to the 2010 version of M:TG

horlaci wrote:

3. When do I have to count the race symbols for the loyalty cost? Beginning of turn, beginning of the Capital phase, or just right before playing the card?
In other words, do the race symbols on the card played immediately before count to the symbols, which I can pay with? (I wouldn't ask this, but my opponent was argueing... . my guess is yes, they count )

Your guess is correct, loyalty is counted at the moment you play the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Yes...but the same card must be the target of both parts of the card - making it completely useless

I'd say that the term "another target unit" forbids me to choose the same unit for gaining a hammer, as the one who lost it. But anyway, the outcome is the same... nothing happens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
but can you target your opponents unit to lose a hammer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
but can you target your opponents unit to lose a hammer?

Yes you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.