United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
You did in one day what my wondrous euro-family was unable to accomplish up to this day:

Wipe that stupid plastic Ameritrash turd stain off my pearly white BGG top 10 list.

Cheers GW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Holy cow, I did not think of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Now it's just a bunch of Euro turds. Enjoy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
Enjoy...

I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving a 1 to Space Hulk (or Age of Scheme, or whatever the internet tough guy crusade of the week is) poisons the BGG database worse than whatever action is being protested.

Way to go, guys. You really showed them who's boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Giving a 1 to Space Hulk (or Age of Scheme, or whatever the internet tough guy crusade of the week is) poisons the BGG database worse than whatever action is being protested.

With a sweet top 10 list like we have now, I guess I'll just have to say a few hail mary's and live with the guilt.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
jdludlow wrote:

With a sweet top 10 list like we have now, I guess I'll just have to say a few hail mary's and live with the guilt.

devil

You're a bad ape Chapie, a bad, bad ape!!! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I typically hate the people that rate a game very high or low based on factors other than gameplay, but it seems OK to me in this instance.

Games Workshop has created quite a backlash against themselves and people are boycotting the game. Isn't a '1' rating defined as something that you won't be caught dead playing?

Hopefully, GW will reverse their stance on fan-created files and then people will remove their '1's. If not, screw 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
No, really.

Thank you! It took a while, and we had some bumps in the road, but it feels good to get BGG back on the right track.

God Bless GW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fralish
United States
Yorktown Heights
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:

Hopefully, GW will reverse their stance on fan-created files and then people will remove their '1's. If not, screw 'em.

And this will ultimately matter why? You guys take this shit waaaay too seriosuly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fralim wrote:

And this will ultimately matter why? You guys take this shit waaaay too seriosuly

Well it is very important shit. And it's in a delicate balance. But the balance to the light side has been restored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fralish
United States
Yorktown Heights
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Well it is very important shit. And it's in a delicate balance. But the balance to the light side has been restored.

I LOVE you, Dr. Zaius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:
Isn't a '1' rating defined as something that you won't be caught dead playing?

"Defies the definition of a game" and "clearly broken" also come to mind.

Is everyone seriously this chafed about GW's douchebaggery that they are afraid to be seen playing the game? Or is it a bunch of internet soapbox whining, but in real life the game still gets played as if this whole debacle never happened? If it really is that severe of righteous indignation, put your money where your mouth is and pay someone to take the game off your hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sharp
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread makes me lose my faith in humanity. It is also sorta funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
jdludlow wrote:

IHMO, it has/had just as many poisonous 10s.. ratings are subjective, you can't have it both ways simply because it no longer works in favor of a game you enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Minivann wrote:

"Defies the definition of a game"

It's about cartoony marines in the year 40000 being attacked by Ridley Scott ripoff purple aliens that are made of plastic that people spend many quality hours painting.

Completely defies definition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Binko wrote:

And I consider it perfectly appropriate to give GW products a 1 rating.

It's completely appropriate brother. I mean look at that top 10 list. Perfection in motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh small
United States
Corry
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Wipe that stupid plastic Ameritrash turd stain off my pearly white BGG top 10 list.

I'm sick of reading this childish crap, I don't agree with what GW did, but I still own and enjoy playing Spacehulk, in fact it's one of my favorite games I own. When you call it a
Quote:
stupid plastic Ameritrash turd stain
your not just insulting the game your insulting me as an owner and player of it.

As far as it being "YOUR" pearly white BGG top 10 list, you need to seriously deflate that head of yours, there are thousands of people on here that all rate these games and all have their own opinions. so as far as I'm concerned, if your gonna keep posting crap like this on OUR pearly white BGG forums then you can just delete your account and go troll somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splurk wrote:
if your gonna keep posting crap like this on OUR pearly white BGG forums then you can just delete your account and go troll somewhere else.

I was thinking about it once. But man with rankings like these, this is where I belong. These are my people. Simpatico.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splurk wrote:
if your gonna keep posting crap like this on OUR pearly white BGG forums then you can just delete your account and go troll somewhere else.

What? Chapel delete his account and give up all those hard earned thumbs? That would be shocking! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

It's about cartoony marines heroes in the year 40000 being attacked by Ridley Scott JRR Tolkien ripoff purple aliens monsters that are made of plastic metal that people spend many quality hours painting.

Fixed that for you Mikey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
MChapel FTW!

Hey, guys, what did GW do!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Splurk's SpaceHulk 3rd Edition Comments wrote:

My first 10, this game is great, game play and component quality earns it a 9.5, the re-playability, fact that i can design my own missions and will certainly will be finding many on here soon is what pushes it to a 10.

Gee. With GW's purge of their IP, I guess it'll never be a 10 for ya now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Agent Minivann wrote:

"Defies the definition of a game"

It's about cartoony marines in the year 40000 being attacked by Ridley Scott ripoff purple aliens that are made of plastic that people spend many quality hours painting.

Completely defies definition.

I'll see your cartoony and raise you meeple. You can't be serious talking about bad theme. Ooooooh, hey kids, let's play a game about farming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
MChapel FTW!

Hey, guys, what did GW do!?

Assuming you actually haven't seen it: GW - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...File Removal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.