Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Beattie
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
If you play with a consistent group, try the following:

If humans won, reduce the highest dial by one for the next game.
If cylons won, increase the lowest dial by one for the next game.

It's a slow tuning to your individual play styles that should keep things balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As many are probably already aware, FFG's official suggestion is to increase/decrease each dial by 1 for an easier human/cylon game. 4 units of resources seems too much IMO.

I suppose those who can't squeeze in enough games to determine what they lost on could just get "a freebie token". This token can be discarded at some specific point in the game to get or reduce one of any resource by the human or cylon team respectively.

Another issue with not being able to determine stuff stems from how games can swing wildly. I've played enough that I've seen all types of loses (for each type of resource, Gal destroyed, centurions) and wins occur (all resources at 1, major pwnage of the cylon team, using Legendary Discovery to win, mass use of raptor, NO use of raptors, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't every game different due to the different crisis cards drawn and distributet cards and unrevealed cylons? I would refrain from adjusting game balance too early, unless you have multiple players whining or game results where the humans or cylons took a serious beating and motivation has been hit.

Game is supposed to be a challenge for the humans (though in our group we have 3:0 human wins).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, every game is different. One game population may go quickly, another fuel. So adjusting Population for a second game may have no bearing just because it was a factor in the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Christy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to consider adjusting our Food dial down by one. We have a fairly healthy (IMHO) ratio of about 1.5:1 Cylon:Human wins, but in over 100 plays the Humans have never lost by food. It's gotten down to 1 before, but that's very rare for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's difficult to do that in our group because every loss of the human side is due to different reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
using Legendary Discovery to win

This isn't possible per se...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
using Legendary Discovery to win

This isn't possible per se...
This helped us win in one of the PBF games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.