Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren H
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
Game needs a slight bit of tweeking i think. Pegasus is too powerful and Hera/Zeus are too weak. With 9 Pegasus in the deck, and 1 of Hera/Zeus. I turn one of the Pegasus into a Dionysus ( so new count is 8 peg, 3 Dion) and that makes for a better game. Also have it take 2 pegasus cards to kill Hera/Zeus, for 1 action point...or 1 pegasus card for 2 action points. Still not sure which way to go on that, but definatlyi make it slightly tougher to kill Hera/Zeus. Donald in previous comments also had good idea when he played Pegasus mistakingly, but found that it made for better game. I may try that. When he goes for hand disruption, he can discard any card with 0 or 1 on it, but wont affect non numbered mythology cards ( my personal idea would be to put a mythology card back on top of opponents library. That way, they dont lose it, but will cost them a draw to get it back..a nice middle ground between donalds idea and the actual game rules), and cards 2-7 go onto play field like normal.

With 9 pegasus, a Persephone to get 3 of them back, and a Hades to get Perspehone back...Pegasus played with normal rules is just way to powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Humphreys
Denmark
Valby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Quick Comments (Too Many Pegasi)
I also have found the Pegasus vard to be too plentiful and powerful. In particular with potentialy 15 Pegasi (9 + 3 with Persephone + 3 with Hades and Persephone) used primarily to attack your opponents hand, he or she has great difficulty planning or executing any kind of useful attack. The end result seems to always be a game that ends when one of the players can't use all of their actions. A game ending that I personally don't find very satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
darren wrote:
With 9 pegasus, a Persephone to get 3 of them back, and a Hades to get Perspehone back...Pegasus played with normal rules is just way to powerful.

I disagree. The issue here is game balance. The Pegasus retains its power no matter how many are in the decks. And both players have exactly the same deck to add to the balance. If you reduce the number of Pegasus in the decks, this increases the chance of one player drawing significantly more of them before the other players draws an equal amount, therefore getting a very unfair advantage. With the card being very numerouos, you reduce this occurence.

In games like this (1v1 non-CCG, with the same deck for each player) the last thing you want is for the most powerful cards to be 1-of or 2-ofs, because then you can make the earlier drawing of it the thing that decides the game, rather than skill. The more powerful cards should always be the most numerous, so I think the game gets it RIGHT. [Assuming of course you rate Pegasus as more powerful than a 6 or 7, which I do, generally)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.