Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this ruleset be used for other SF games? Does it have any reference material on say the local star groups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks pretty specific to the Star Fleet Universe. To be honest, I'm not even sure it's usable for SFB. However, I did only skim through it, and haven't read it thoroughly.

If you want a generic space campaign system, you should take a look at Victory By Any Means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply and the information. I guess I am picky now after seeing the realistic map in Starforce Alpha Centauri I was looking to see if I could find more space game related material related to actual locations of nearby stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Attack Vector: Tactical includes "near star" maps based on real astronomical data. You could buy the setting book as a spare part if you don't want the game. http://www.genreconnections.com/shop/index.php?p=product&id=...

You can also check out Winchell Chung's Atomic Rocket 3-D starmaps page. Among other things, he sells an updated and corrected version of the Starforce: Alpha Centauri map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
Thanks for the links. You should ask them for a commission! I ordered the 20 and 30 light year maps (where did the Xenos come from?!?!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Sexton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
It could be usable with other Star Fleet Universe games (other than Star Fleet Battles), but it would take some work. Star Fleet Battles has many ships that are not in the other game systems, so the missing ships would have to be either abstracted (fine if you don't expect them to see battle) or house ruled. You could probably get away with SFB Module G3 and the ruleset for your other game for a large part of the game. You could just do odd battles in GC, house rule that only warships in Federation Commander (or ACTASF or Star Fleet Armada) could be built, and move on from there.

You would build your own map if you were to use this as your campaign engine. If you wanted to base in on the Star Fleet Universe, there are free "campaign maps" on the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.