Subject: It was bound to happen (pandora) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Maybe soon?
mbmbmbmb
So we have been listening to Pandora for some nice mix of Christmas tunes and I was a little surprised at the commercials. I am not surprised, I figured it would happen at some time. I don't mind the little sound bite about Christmas shows coming up on ABC or the Sprint phones on sale or Starbucks doing something to help people in Africa, but if I hear that stupid commercial about some show about pawn shops one more time I might lose it. Seriously, pawn shops, a show about pawn shops, the fronts for all kinds of mafia and other below board businesses. Try to at least have the commercials about something remotely Christmasy. [/rant]

I do love this time of year for fun Christmas music, classic and new funny stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to Pawn Stars?

BTW, I enjoy Pandora, too. I recently subscribed to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Maybe soon?
mbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Are you referring to Pawn Stars?

Yes. And how is this on the History Channel? I don't have cable so I haven't been able to track the rise and apparently the fall of the History Channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
And how is this on the History Channel?

Good question. They also do Ice Road Truckers (a "reality" series), Secrets of Body Language, and a mishmash of other shows. "Rise and fall" is probably a good decription. I guess they had to expand the pool of advertisers they could attract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.