Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Perla
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I just realized that I posted my questions in the wrong spot. So let me try it again here.

Played this today as a three-player. Posted something on Consimworld but thought I would do something here as well, seeing as how Herr Eickert seems to be more active here. Couple of questions.

1. How does the nebelwerfer play for the Germans? Do they use it only once, or may they plot it every turn? If only once, must they use it only on turn one to plot for turn 2 impact?

2. In a three player game, it appears that the rules expect the Soviets to have two turns for every one German, which seems to give them a big advantage because they will almost always get two consecutive turns without the German's being able to respond. Is that intended? How should the game winner be decided? It seems that combining the Soviet VPs in this case gives them a big advantage.

Our game ended up with all the Germans killed, though they had also killed something like 14 Soviets.

Oh, and is it the case that Soviet player two gets the VPs for taking the POL off map? Also for the Sturmovik's kills?

After more fooling around, I have a couple of others:

What happens if the German kills the truck? Either when it's loaded or not. And can the German ever blow up the fuel dump countes? Presumably not by attacking them, but it's a question. Why would they want to do this, you ask? To prevent the Soviet Player 2 getting VPs is one possibililty.

Also about the truck. I interpret the scenario (excuse me, firefight) rule to mean that as soon as the truck exits the map, it reappears on the road hex at the board edge. That is, the Soviet cannot wait until the German has used up all his actions to bring another truck in for 7 free APs. Is that correct? On the other hand, if the German keeps killing the arriving trucks until he does run out of APs, what happens then?

Thanks

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterperla wrote:

1. How does the nebelwerfer play for the Germans? Do they use it only once, or may they plot it every turn? If only once, must they use it only on turn one to plot for turn 2 impact?

The nebelwerfer is only used once.

Quote:

2. In a three player game, it appears that the rules expect the Soviets to have two turns for every one German, which seems to give them a big advantage because they will almost always get two consecutive turns without the German's being able to respond. Is that intended? How should the game winner be decided? It seems that combining the Soviet VPs in this case gives them a big advantage.
Yes, the Soviets get two turns for every German turn. This is intended. Combine the Soviet VPs and compare to the Germans - they may end up closer than you think. When I played this firefight, there were only 3 VPs difference, and it was the Germans who came out ahead.

Quote:

Oh, and is it the case that Soviet player two gets the VPs for taking the POL off map? Also for the Sturmovik's kills?

Only one player gets the VPs - don't give them to both players. But combine the VP total of the Soviets at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterperla wrote:
What happens if the German kills the truck?

I think it's gone for good. You could interpret that when the truck is destroyed it "leaves the map" and can be replaced. But I don't think so.

Quote:
I interpret the scenario (excuse me, firefight) rule to mean that as soon as the truck exits the map, it reappears on the road hex at the board edge.

Really? The text says

As soon as a truck leaves the map, a new truck may be activated later that round to enter the map on 7-L10.

Clearly, that means it's not on the map yet. Otherwise, it couldn't be activated to enter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
peterperla wrote:
What happens if the German kills the truck?

I think it's gone for good. You could interpret that when the truck is destroyed it "leaves the map" and can be replaced. But I don't think so.

We played it as destroyed = leaves map and it worked out fine. At first I thought it would be too beneficial for the Soviets, but once the Germans control that area, bringing the truck on is just free VP for the Germans.

I think it makes more sense that way because it's not like there's a magical fuel safe haven one hex off the map and one truck is shuttling back and forth. Clearly each truck is a different unit which will be driving away from the combat zone for as long and as fast as they can handle.

I also think that a loaded and blown up truck should count as destroying the control counter, no VP for either side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spoke to Uwe about it. The intention is that if the truck gets destroyed, the Soviets can bring a new one onto the map the next turn. The firefight will get updated to reflect this (as that's not how it's currently worded.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.