1 Posts

Quick Six» Forums » News

Subject: Quick Six officially released! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Hix
United States
flag msg tools

It is with great excitement that I write that Foresight Games has finished up and released Quick Six via The Game Crafter! ( A dice game where each player races to get six of a kind in the fewest rolls of eight-sided dice. A scoring system keeps track over three stages of three rounds each as to how people are doing, and the Six Bonus can greatly impact how you choose to use your Occupations.

With xmas and holiday shopping season upon us all, I can't help but suggest this as a great game for just about anybody. For non-gamers, as it shares a bit of a connection with games like Yahtzee with dice rolling they'll quickly pick up on, while giving them a little more to sink their teeth into. For gamers, as the cards and scoring system promote strong usage of cards with good timing and good luck - a great filler between larger games, or at the end of a night. It may distantly remind you of To Court The King, or a rarer, less complex game, Risk & Roll 2000.

The box size is very small, so it could fit just about anywhere - a shelf, a briefcase, a purse, maybe even a pocket! This could make a great stocking stuffer for anyone.

You can view the rules online over at TGC (they've also been submitted here but must follow the proper channels of approval), as well as view some pictures of the components and a few example Occupation cards. If you are interested but think the $12 is too high for a dice game by a local publisher, consider the GeekGold for Games lottery, where I'm currently giving away 1 copy, and pending the amount of interest gathered, may give away a couple more! (see
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.