Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have two more days till I get my hands on NAP 2nd edition. I downloaded the 2008 version 1.3f rule book......anything else I need to be "current"?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go:

Official 2nd Edition TNW Card Clarifications from Don Greenwood

Ireland Revolts - Having received my copy of the game and reviewed the card, I can say with authority that my previous answer is correct regarding Irish Revolt. The card remains in view as a reminder of its effect until all French flags are removed from Ireland. The card is then discarded out of play permanently. Note that the event is not a Foreign War since it cannot be ended with a "6" die roll like Foreign Wars. -DG

Venice and The Milan Decree
Q: A literal reading of the cards Venice and The Milan Decree indicates that even if France doesn't control the specified province, a nation desperate for 6CPs (for some reason the face value of 5CPs is insufficient) could play the card as an event and try for the 1 in 6 chance of getting lucky. Is this correct? and if so does this remove the card from the deck?
A: No ... the event must occur for the card to be played as an event. -DG

Peninsular Campaign
[I]nherent flags such as those in Gibraltar, Lisbon and Oporto DO count as enemy Forces for purposes of the Spanish Reserve die roll.

[To account for other effects of this ruling] the next version of the Living Rules should insert "or Inherent Flags in the invaded Powers" at the end of the second sentence of 15.4 for Submission. -DG

Lost Dispatch
Here are Don’s Responses:
When Lost Dispatch is played on a Force, dividing it in a "lost" Force and a "remaining" Force:
Question #1) can the enemy achieve an Overrun or Flag Overrun by eliminating the "remaining" Force in the first round of battle?
A: No ... the "lost" Force remains a part of the defending Army and was not Overrun.

Question #2) if there is no "remaining" Force - i.e., the entire Force is "lost" - is the enemy considered to have achieved an Overrun?

A: No ... same answer

Question #3) if the "remaining" Force loses the battle in the first round (or if there is no "remaining" Force), can the "lost" Force (after retreating) continue to move or intercept? (first answer from Don was: No)
A: still the same

Question #4) if the "remaining" Force wins the battle in the first round, but does not achieve an Overrun, can the "lost" Force continue to move or intercept? (first answer from Don was: Yes)
A: still the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.