GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Chaos in the Old World» Forums » General

Subject: 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giannis Krikos
msg tools
Hello.

I've known nothing but a few things about this game. But wherever I look all they say is that it is incredible and almost a must-have.

Does it support official 2 players? I know that it says '# of Players: 3 − 4' but there are some games that eventhough they are for 3+ players, there are official posts for 2 players.

What about this one?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine how - or if - it'd work. If it does (and you'd need to come up with your own variant in all likelihood, or at least find one on the nets), then it'd be an entirely different game.

As much as I like playing it, I probably wouldn't recommend it for 2 people, since its balance relies a lot on players keeping each other in check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it only once with 3 and probably will never do again even that, not talking about 2 players at all.

It is surely playable with 3 but it really shines with 4. There is too much lost by a missing player in my opinion, I prefer the full 4 player experience, which is quite different than a 3 player match.

Two players are not even supported officially and its only half a game with three, mind that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a bit of discussion on this topic:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/433907

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/440372
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I've played this game once, and it was with only 2 players. We started out just reading the rules and checking out the bits, but then we decided to just give it a go. So it was less of a real game and more of just a learning experience, but I would say it worked out ok in that regard. We just played with the rules as written as if we had 3 players. There was some interaction, but obviously nothing like what it would be with 4 players, and it was over pretty quickly, but we both enjoyed it. So while the 4 player experience is probably vastly superior as a game, playing with only 2 players was at least good enough to make us both want to try it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 2-player game with an "automated" Khorne (no Chaos Cards) who went for dial ticks, then board access, then domination. It ended up winning on VP because we humans both ran away too much.

I also played a straight 2-player without Khorne; that was a little bit flat, but felt very different without someone chasing you around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.