Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael connor
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to get one of these, maybe some/any of you can provide some assistance as to which one I should get?? All I know is that:

1) Samurai has bigger battles.
2) Ran has more unit types (samurai!!!!).
3) Ran has somewhat simpler rules, but alot of counters.
4) Samurai has step loses.

That's about it. What I value most is accuracy and realism in
combat portrayal and in comand and control.

MC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran is more historically accurate I would say, but both are pretty good to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Most Dangerous Time: Japan in Chaos, 1570-1584 is a very fine game. Although not tactical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with get both. I have been sitting on the proverbial fence with respect to both of these titles. The deadlock was overturned with the latest GMT sale. I was eligible for 4 games at 50% so Ran and Samurai took slots one and two.

Realizing that this doesn't help you if you can truly only get one of them, Go with Samurai for the step losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.