United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two copies of a the same game and I want to unload both of them. When I go to the game's page I can see who wants the game in trade but when I use the Find Trades tool, there's only one person that overlaps with my "want in trade" list.

So I want to broaden my horizons and I just want to visually scan the aggregated "want in trade" lists of the people who want this particular game "in trade" to see if I'd consider trading for one of those games. If I find one, I can propose an official trade.

Any way to accomplish that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

use the custom search, select the game you want to trade and then check the "match any in my collection" check box. does that do what you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I want to trade away a specific game (actually two copies) in my collection to ANYBODY that wants it. However, I don't see a way to see a list of games that people who want it have up for trade.

The trade system wants to include MY "want in trade" list and I'm not getting any useful hits from the trade system so I want it to ignore MY list and just show me the matches as if I had checked that I wanted all the games in the database as "want in trade".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
matthew.marquand wrote:

use the custom search, select the game you want to trade and then check the "match any in my collection" check box. does that do what you want?
This does the opposite, He isn't objecting to marking it for trade, but rather doesn't want to mark nearly everything as "wanted".

Matt - I don't think there is a way to do what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
This does the opposite

yeah, i understand now. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue

Okay...time to do a bunch of clicking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayfield
United States
flag msg tools
gametz.com is a trading site that has this ability. IMO it has the best functionality of all the trading sites but unfortunately it's mostly just pc and video gamers who use the site and there's no database for boardgames - just music, books and videos. i wish BGG had all the trade matching features of gametz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have this issue, I just go one by one through the list of people who want the game, and look at their for-trade lists to see if they have anything I want. I was curious to see if there was a faster solution as well. If it's a big bait game, you could always put up an ultimate trade, and let the offers come to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
When I have this issue, I just go one by one through the list of people who want the game, and look at their for-trade lists to see if they have anything I want. I was curious to see if there was a faster solution as well. If it's a big bait game, you could always put up an ultimate trade, and let the offers come to you.

Yeah...that's my click-fest staring me in the face. It's not a bait game but there are > 100 people wanting it. Having two in-shrink copies to get rid of makes it a bit awkward (the were both won at a gaming event) to hold a UT or auction for both at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Let me help you out. I'll give you Quarto.

We are talking about In the Year of the Dragon, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope...Amyitis. I traded this thing away once already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the page for the game that you want to trade, you can click on the "number" of the people that want the game in trade.

The problem is it lists everyone from around the world who wants that particular game so you just have to trawl through it a bit until you find someone in your general region.

Does this help? Or is this what you're doing anyway??

While I'm on the subject, it would be nice to be able to filter down the people listed into regions - eg. America, Europe etc.

That would make life a bit easier.

Just re-read your original post and I think this is what you're doing anyway? Am I right in thinking you want a list of games to appear rather than individual people?

Second edit - Yeah I now see that this area has been covered already! Sorry - "I'll get me coat........"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just place a thread in the Trades forum and bring those interested in your games to you...

but I know what you mean about the trades system. Been there done that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Auction-ish is up. Thanks everybody for trying to help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.