GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,555 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
604-720-7926 Ryan@Paton.ca
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:
Michael Dorosh wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
drewdane wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I originally tried to use the name but the size made it unreadable and messy. Wholly transparent was just too flimsy, hence the fill. I've also tried a neon sign type colouring and widened the fill. This version was the best I could achieve.
Perhaps the fill would look better in black or dark brown, like the sign. I'm not in love with the white, even though the logo is usually shown on white.

OK.

Quote:

The brown looks horrible. The original, white one is best.

I agree

I like the white one best too... I say run with it!

but I came to the horrible realization that it looks like a condom... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan_Paton wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:
Michael Dorosh wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
drewdane wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

I originally tried to use the name but the size made it unreadable and messy. Wholly transparent was just too flimsy, hence the fill. I've also tried a neon sign type colouring and widened the fill. This version was the best I could achieve.
Perhaps the fill would look better in black or dark brown, like the sign. I'm not in love with the white, even though the logo is usually shown on white.

OK.

Quote:

The brown looks horrible. The original, white one is best.

I agree

I like the white one best too... I say run with it!

but I came to the horrible realization that it looks like a condom... blush

I may never be able to eat at Arby's again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great work! ^_^ My vote is for the slight gradient of yellow with some orange hue:

I also kinda liked the idea of the 1000 badge being rainbow... but perhaps a regular ROYGBIV rainbow rather than:

Nonetheless I think all the badges should end up matching except the "1000"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Nyan Cat

http://youtu.be/QH2-TGUlwu4

What do you all think? please give feedback on "no's"
I love the flying poptart cat pooping rainbows as he flies through space bringing joy to all... I must have this microbadge!
yes
no
      10 answers
Poll created by Ryan_Paton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cazantyl wrote:

I may have missed the reasoning in a previous post, but why are the arrows sticking outwards in your 1000 and 1k badges where all the others are pointing inwards?

Regardless, I like the middle gradient option best I think:
wizcreations wrote:

Color gradient changes slightly within each badge rather than a single color per number:

Sorry! I forgot to mention that the last two options were just to try something different. The 1000 badge will likely be "Owner of Over 1000 Microbadges" so I tried to make it stand out. I also included the regular option, so it's really whatever ends up looking best.

I think I may try "1K+" as the text to see how it looks.

I think the one with slight gradient
is best but using a color like
for the 1K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mb
wizcreations wrote:
Sorry! I forgot to mention that the last two options were just to try something different. The 1000 badge will likely be "Owner of Over 1000 Microbadges" so I tried to make it stand out.
The inward-pointing arrows stand for microbadges, so by changing the symbolism you change the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drewdane wrote:
The inward-pointing arrows stand for microbadges...

This I didn't know. So thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ryan_Paton wrote:

Great work! ^_^ My vote is for the slight gradient of yellow with some orange hue:

I also kinda liked the idea of the 1000 badge being rainbow... but perhaps a regular ROYGBIV rainbow rather than:

How's this for your rainbow?

I think the rainbow is just really difficult to make out.

edit: I personally still like these colors:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
drewdane wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Could someone please design a Talk Talk microbadge?
I used to know a really good designer, who seemed to specialize in musical artist badges. whistle

That was once (although that person should design five or six more and sell them to get the golden microbadge designers microbadge). Back then one could post "Joe, please approve this one" and before you could say "Australia" it was there, ready for purchase. To much rules now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.

1 GG a pixel? whistle Of course nothing has been signed yet, but here are a couple options from the debut album, "The Party's Over."

- "face" without transparency
- left "eye" detail with transparency

Nice, but I would prefer something from 'The colour of spring' or 'Spirit of Eden'. Like you said, nothing signed yet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Requested here...http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49228/item/2042576#ite...

Board Games > M > Merchants of Amsterdam fan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
requested here...http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49228/item/2042596#ite...

http://flipboard.com/

Gadgets > Flipboard User

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Ryan_Paton wrote:

How's this for your rainbow?

I think the rainbow is just really difficult to make out.

edit: I personally still like these colors:

Super! I like both of them but I agree the rainbow is harder to read than the gold gradiant... and I notice the arrows are pointing in now... I would vote for either design to be used... I think you should put a poll up for people to vote. ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Remember that mb mb mb mb mb are existing microbadges. Someone requested the 600 and 700, but we might as well finish the series.

In an effort to make all the badges match, I've created the following:

Transparency, see!? wrote:

The plan is to use the 100-900 as is. We will use one of the last two (gold, NOT rainbow) 1000 or 1K images for owning over 1000 badges. You decide which you like better between the 1000 or 1K. The 1000+ look different because that's quite the accomplishment and should stand out as such!

Mouseovers will be:
Owner of 100 Microbadges
Owner of 200 Microbadges
... ... ...
Owner of 900 Microbadges
Owner of Over 1000 Microbadges

This will require a request to modify the existing badges, which should be approved since the admins like consistency.

edit: poll removed because discussing is ongoing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

IndieGoGo fan (crowdfunding site like Kickstarter)

The the first option is the logo; it isn't great but that just happens to be what it looks like.

Poll
Which MB do you prefer for "IndieGoGo fan" do you prefer?
      5 answers
Poll created by tiggers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.O.B.
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmb
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
Hi there, respected microbadge designers!

(that is Music/Artist category for the designers born after 1980 and who are not into eighties music).

Of course I'll cover expenses. I'll pay 1 GG a pixel as soon I can purchase the badge.

1 GG a pixel? whistle Of course nothing has been signed yet, but here are a couple options from the debut album, "The Party's Over."

- "face" without transparency
- left "eye" detail with transparency

Nice, but I would prefer something from 'The colour of spring' or 'Spirit of Eden'. Like you said, nothing signed yet....

I gave one try to The Colour of Spring without success. I can try some more early next week but right now I'm away from
the good hardware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

Color gradient changes slightly within each badge rather than a single color per number:

I'm still pushing the gradient too. These are beautiful! You can never have too much colour in my opinion. I also prefer the 1K instead of the 1000, it's much clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
wizcreations wrote:

I'm still pushing the gradient too. These are beautiful! You can never have too much colour in my opinion. I also prefer the 1K instead of the 1000, it's much clearer.

I really don't like the gradient, but if you want it to be the gradient, I think it would need to be the one where each number only has a single color within it and they change as they go up. I wouldn't want the colors changing within the badge because it just doesn't look right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
I've always enjoyed some of the Disney animated movies like The Lion King and Tarzan, but there don't appear to be any badges for these movies.

OK. Since there doesn't seem to be any objections or comments, let's put it to the vote.

Poll
Are these Disney animated movie badges ready for submission?
  Yes No Maybe - please comment
Tarzan 1
Tarzan 2
Simba
Pumbaa 1
Pumbaa 2
Timon
Rafiki
      19 answers
Poll created by anomander64

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's try a different poll instead.

Poll: Owner of ### Microbadges
Which set of numbers do you prefer?
Single color for all
Different color for each
      19 answers
Poll created by wizcreations

If you strongly believe the 1000 is better than the 1K, please comment as to why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan_Paton wrote:
Poll
Nyan Cat

I love the flying poptart cat pooping rainbows as he flies through space bringing joy to all... I must have this microbadge!
yes
no
      10 answers

wasn't this already posted a while back? what happened to it? or was that by you? I think it should be a badge if it isn't already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
anomander64 wrote:
anomander64 wrote:
I've always enjoyed some of the Disney animated movies like The Lion King and Tarzan, but there don't appear to be any badges for these movies.

OK. Since there doesn't seem to be any objections or comments, let's put it to the vote.

Poll
Are these Disney animated movie badges ready for submission?
  Yes No Maybe - please comment
Tarzan 1
Tarzan 2
Simba
Pumbaa 1
Pumbaa 2
Timon
Rafiki
      19 answers
Poll created by anomander64

Don´t know if it would improve them, but maybe adding a shadow or dark outline help define the forms. Specially for the young (and yellow) Simba.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
bikefreak wrote:
Any specific feedback on the single badge with two eyes to make it better? Might be too small of space to salvage.

I think i was working on the same source image for another different MB. This is what i already got for the evil-eyes:

In my MB i need the space below, but for the "evil-eye" theme, your double badge works well, in my opinion.

As a suggestion, i think the bright in the pupils should not be simetric. Currently they are pointing to the nose on both eyes, and they should point in the same direction (both on the right, or both on the left). Not very important, but maybe it can improve the look of the badge.

(don´t know if pupil is the proper english word, i mean the black circle on the center of the eye)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Paton
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Ryan_Paton wrote:
Poll
Nyan Cat

yes
no
      10 answers

wasn't this already posted a while back? what happened to it? or was that by you? I think it should be a badge if it isn't already.

That was indeed me... I worked on it for a bit... tweaked it a bit and then microbadging got put on the back burner... now I am back... and I just submitted it for approval..

Keep checking back to see if its approved so you can get a copy and spread the rainbow love! ^_^

-Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorro_jv wrote:

Don´t know if it would improve them, but maybe adding a shadow or dark outline help define the forms. Specially for the young (and yellow) Simba.

I think I definitely prefer Simba without a shadow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  862 , 863 , 864 , 865 , 866  Next »  [1009] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.