While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a microbadge I want to make, I've got the design, color, layout, mouseover text, etc... all done, except I don't know how to make the image on the computer. I believe it will be an excellent badge and fill a current hole in that I can't believe there is no badge for it already.

How do I figure out how to make the microbadge (image)? I don't want to get scooped on making it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.O.B.
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
I have a microbadge I want to make, I've got the design, color, layout, mouseover text, etc... all done, except I don't know how to make the image on the computer. I believe it will be an excellent badge and fill a current hole in that I can't believe there is no badge for it already.

How do I figure out how to make the microbadge (image)? I don't want to get scooped on making it.

This may be of some help to you...
Microbadge_Design_and_Submission

Especially this part, even though there isn't much there?
How do I make a new image for a microbadge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:

Try using gimp
www.gimp.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
minionhunter wrote:

Try using gimp
www.gimp.org

for sure thats what i use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Cinca
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:

This is the second Zoneplex microbdge submitted to approval. The first one is already available.

This one is related to the sacred hidden symbology...

Thanks to all the people in the forum who has helped me to reduce the picture

Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Greenfish icon editor. Smaller and much lighter than Gimp.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Edit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Big Bird
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Bar-lev, my favorite game does not have a microbadge. I have never made a Microbadge, but figured this was the time to start. Hopefully I am following the correct process. I made an image of one of the fighter aircraft pieces that is most easily recognizable by a Bar-lev player, since it has a nice silhouette. Here it is in the original size that would be the microbadge. What do you think? This is a Mirage aircraft piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Can we make mirobadge requests here? If so, can someone please, please make a badge for the Unspeakable Vault (of doom) webcomic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is my idea for a microbagde for the show Tosh.O.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
I use Greenfish icon editor. Smaller and much lighter than Gimp.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Edit...

Thank you to the various responders, I have GIMP but it seems very daunting. I am a chemist and would likely think that about ChemDraw if I never used it before though. I'll see what I can do tonight.

Also I read the FAQ's before I posted, its really the image making thing itself that is my hangup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
Can we make mirobadge requests here? If so, can someone please, please make a badge for the Unspeakable Vault (of doom) webcomic?

There is a specific request forum for this, but what the hell. How's this look?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:

There is a specific request forum for this

I believe you mean geeklist:
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist (permanently offline)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:

There is a specific request forum for this, but what the hell. How's this look?

That looks pretty good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
these are microbadge ideas for the TV show Tosh.O

Poll
Which one of these is the best picture of the microbadge?
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
all
none
      11 answers
Poll created by Jamesbv7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:

I think the second one is best

but it needs some work. The "O" doesn't look very clear.

I suppose you could use the face too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

I think the second one is best

but it needs some work. The "O" doesn't look very clear.

I suppose you could use the face too.

is this better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:

is this better

Much! I'd vote yes for that. The dot is a little too sharp now though. Maybe use the older red dot with the new O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

is this better

Much! I'd vote yes for that. The dot is a little too sharp now though. Maybe use the older red dot with the new O

ok here is what your looking for. which one is better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Australian national broadcaster (ABC) does not have a badge on this site.

So I made one.
ABC fan

Thoughts/Comments?

Edit: Oops, wrong image - fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so I have done some work on this microbadge. which one is better?

Poll
which one should I turn in?
      9 answers
Poll created by Jamesbv7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Styfen wrote:
Styfen wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
Styfen wrote:
Here's my updated and amended Warhammer Quest Wizard Microbadge:

I suggest trying more contrast.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Version with more contrast:

To do anything much more at this stage I'd have to go back and redraw my original 50x50 sprite of the Wizard. Should have saved it...

Any more feedback before I run a second poll? I really want to get this guy out as a MB because the Wizard is the lynchpin character in WHQ, most of the game revolves around him (Power Phase, Healing, Spells etc) and he's one of the most powerful characters (even when you include all the expansion characters).

I find it quite hard to make out. Do you ned all of him in there? would a closer crop work better?

I wanted to create a companion piece to the dwarf MB that was already approved.

mb

mb

So if it's a case of cropping the design then it's just not going to work out. Bit frustrating really, I designed him to match both the other mb in colour & style along with matching the actual miniature. That hasn't been considered right. Adjust up the contrast and sharpen the details, still not there.

I'll try directly mimicing the style of the Dwarf, if that doesn't do it... Then I'm getting close to just calling it a day because I can't see what else I can do (and I can't see how the dwarf MB got approved at this rate maybe it was a fluke caused by it being the first WHQ MB *shrug*).

Edit:
Last attempt at this time:

Pointier hat, brighter colours, clearer sword + staff, changed skin colours, altered colours so there was more direct contrast between areas and repaired his beard.

That last one is definitely the best you've done. And, there are plenty of crappy badges from the past so precedent shouldn't mean too much here I reckon that dwarf could do with a tweak anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had really great luck last year getting a Jim Rohn personal development badge created and approved. I'd like to ask that another philosophy I believe in be immortalized in microbadge form.

There is a Buddhist saying: "Fall down six times, Stand up seven” which I'd love to see as a microbadge. Something zen-like and simple... as a rough concept drawing:

I'd give 1gg for any attempt and 10gg for the eventual submission. Oh, and of course I'll buy one

Thanks guys!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Cloud
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/49228/item/2046988#ite...

Survive: Escape from Atlantis! fan - Dolphin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
I had really great luck last year getting a Jim Rohn personal development badge created and approved. I'd like to ask that another philosophy I believe in be immortalized in microbadge form.

There is a Buddhist saying: "Fall down six times, Stand up seven” which I'd love to see as a microbadge. Something zen-like and simple... as a rough concept drawing:

I'd give 1gg for any attempt and 10gg for the eventual submission. Oh, and of course I'll buy one

Thanks guys!

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:

I realize this looks just like my mock-up... but my skills here are underpowered. Something... a little fancier perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  872 , 873 , 874 , 875 , 876  Next »  [1009] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.