7 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Language/Box problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
msg tools
mb
I have just bought Pandemic as a gift for someone. I bought it from a shop in the UK over the internet assuming it was the UK version. When I received it I found that the front of the box was the English version, and the back was in Swedish (Pandemic on the front and Pandemia on the back).

I don't want the hassle of returning it to the shop (not that fussed about the back of the box being in a different language if the contents are English), nor do I want to break the shrink wrap if I don't have to (it's a gift). My question is - has anyone else had this problem, and what language are the contents if they have?

Thanks,

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume the contents is in Swedish. The probably keep the same cover for all language versions, for marketing purpose.

I think your best bet is to return it. Have you tried to contact the store and see if they have the english contents version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rmercado wrote:
I would assume the contents is in Swedish. The probably keep the same cover for all language versions, for marketing purpose.

I think your best bet is to return it. Have you tried to contact the store and see if they have the english contents version?

Judging from the German/French/Dutch/other versions in the images section of this very website, I don't think that's true. Sounds like a weird mixup.

I would definitely remove the shrink wrap to figure out whether the contents are in English or not. I don't think you'll have any trouble explaining why there's no wrap to whoever you're giving this game to -- just tell the truth! If everything else really is in English, you may actually be holding onto some kind of collection item..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a Swedish-only version? I thought there was just the Lautapelit version with Finnish and Swedish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Liljeberg
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swedish/Finnish version has Pandemia on the front too, so it sure sounds like a mixup of box covers/fronts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Liljeberg
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you open the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Krupa
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liljeberg wrote:
Did you open the box?

No! Stop! It's a trap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.