Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a game recently where I was able to play the Ranch on the 3rd turn after building 4 stables and ploughing a field. It generated 22 food and 11 VPs from it. Afterwards we all felt that it was so good the card probably was too strong in Agricola with expansions.

Are there any other cards that have their value suddenly changed with the expansions?

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Charcoal Burner, which is already a strong card, is a little better in FotM. He can pay a wood and a food to get a major improvement, and if it has a baking symbol he receives the wood and food back. I had him and the Simple Fireplace in a game yesterday and was able to get to a Cookhouse on Round 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Alsup
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braggart (3-5 players) E197
At the end of the game, you receive bonus points
for the number of improvements in front of you: for
9 or more improvements, 9 points; for 8 improvements,
7 points; for 7 improvements, 5 points; for
6 improvements, 3 points; for 5 improvements, 1
point.

Improvements are just too easy to acquire in the expansion.

I'm not convinced Charcoal Burner is so over-powered that it needs to be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Cheng
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Charcoal Burner is quite good with the additional baking improvements and the Clandestine Works special action, but he still seems fair (though very good).

The Stonecutter, on the other hand, was a 13 stone action for me on my first turn. That might have been too powerful.

I'm quite curious what other cards gained significant strength, but it seems to be just these 3 or 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Stonecutter, on the other hand, was a 13 stone action for me on my first turn. That might have been too powerful.

I saw this comment on another thread as well. How many players were in the game, Oliver? And why were they all letting you buy Improvements out the who-who? Without further explication, it's sounding to me like you were playing against opponents who had no clue what you were up to, and acted accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.