GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Adblock with only $20 donation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while back, I was involved in a math trade, and made a cash trade after the fact for some other games to a user to whom I was sending a game. I didn't want to hassle with posting it on the marketplace, so I figured I'd donate $20 instead of $15 (for my usual patron badge). Donating $20 rather than $15 doesn't get me anything extra (well, besides 5GG), so I figured this was a reasonable way to let BGG get its 3 percent (and then some).

I noticed today that I have the option to block ads on my profile, which supposedly is given for donations of $25 or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
You've given over $25 in the last 12 months--last year you gave later in the month for the annual supporter drive. Enjoy your adblock for the next week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
You've given over $25 in the last 12 months--last year you gave later in the month for the annual supporter drive. Enjoy your adblock for the next week or so.

AdBlock Expiration:
2010-11-02 19:15:16

It started from my $20 donation, so I've got a heck of a lot longer than a week to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, shut up and enjoy your freebie. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
tatoolo wrote:
dakarp wrote:

AdBlock Expiration:
2010-11-02 19:15:16

It started from my $20 donation, so I've got a heck of a lot longer than a week to go!

You must have donated $5 or so on November 2nd. That would bring your total above $25 for the 12 months ending in 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.