11 Posts

Star Wars Customizable Card Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Old Decipher.com Articles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian d'Auberge
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Obviously all the old deckbuilding, strategy and other articles available on the Decipher site with the launch of each expansion are long gone now. Does anybody know if there's anywhere I could still find these? Any help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would be the best place to start:

http://www.starwarsccg.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the SWCCG Player Committee page:

http://www.starwarsccg.org/

They might not have those exact articles, but they probably have a lot more...

edit: ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hooper
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian-

In 2003 I copied many of the Decipher Star Wars articles from their web site. Beginner articles, strategy articles, deck designs and Rules/FAQs from 1996-2000 are included. Is there something in particular you are looking for?

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian d'Auberge
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thanks for pointing me to the Players Committee site, I guess asking around on their forums might be a good idea.

---

John,

I'm interested in pretty much _everything_ that was officially available on the site. I'd like to know what the strategies and "innovative ideas" were when the new expansions were introduced, which card combinations were pointed out as efficient, the lists of easter eggs etc. Essentially, what the designers thought about their own game and/or were willing to share with the players; the little secrets and the subtleties of the game mechanics that might not be immediately obvious. Most articles available nowadays (at least those I was able to discover) deal with the virtual sets as well as the original cards, and that's already a different game.

I vaguely remember such articles being available on the Decipher site, and as my interest in the game recently resurged after years of indifference and I started to buy rares I never could have afforded ten years ago off eBay (playing battle of Hoth with all the characters and vehicles in the movie really feels like the battle of Hoth!), I though delving into the above mentioned stuff might further increase my enjoyment of the game.

Which leads me to a question: are the riches you have recovered so voluminous as to be impossible to compress it in a zip archive and send to an e-mail address?

It would make me happy. (I guess it would not really make _you_ happy, but, well...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hooper
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian-

Send me your email address and I'll pass along some zip files of what I have.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to upload said zip file to the Files section, so others can profit from them...

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian d'Auberge
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Look no further:

http://decipher.ruddog.com/starwars/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Langer
United States
Hickam AFB
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Man... I remember when Dagobah came out, and Numbers decks hit the floor, that old Decipher site went wild with complaints/strategy/etc etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commanderdiscord wrote:

I know this is more than 4 years old, but thanks for the link. It's still good, and useful to someone returning to the game after roughly 15 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromper wrote:
commanderdiscord wrote:

I know this is more than 4 years old, but thanks for the link. It's still good, and useful to someone returning to the game after roughly 15 years.

Excellent.

Even better than trawling through the Wayback Machine website looking for archived pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.