Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Agricola & Pandemic were marked 30% off at my local Chapters today. Thus:

Agricola $79.95 $55.97
Pandemic $44.95 $31.47

Now, those prices still don't beat my FLGS, but there's a good chance they do beat yours . Pandemic is also marked down online, Agricola is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, my FLGS is full retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's where all the stock for Pandemic and Agricola went. Huh. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI use the coupon code AEROPROMO to save an extra 5%. (Aeroplan promo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy English
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

The chapters near us had stacks and stacks of them weeks ago. They must have had 30-40 copies of pandemic on the floor in the one store alone (and there are several other Chapters in town than just that one).

They only seemed to have 5 or so copies of Agricola if memory serves me right. This was about 4 weeks back.

Tons of Settlers as well of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Rodriguez
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, if only that 25% coupon hadn't expired the last day of November...

:-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Tut_613 wrote:
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

The chapters near us had stacks and stacks of them weeks ago. They must have had 30-40 copies of pandemic on the floor in the one store alone (and there are several other Chapters in town than just that one).

They only seemed to have 5 or so copies of Agricola if memory serves me right. This was about 4 weeks back.

Dude, I'm from Ottawa too. What Chapters is this?

There is no way they sold them all. I'm thinking that shit will drop in price soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
victor-rr wrote:
Now, if only that 25% coupon hadn't expired the last day of November...

Coincidentally enough, I just got an e-mail from Chapters telling me that if I friend them on Facebook they'll give me a 25% off one item coupon.

But it only applies to regularly priced items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tut_613 wrote:
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

This is just a rumour, so please take it as such, but I have heard from more than one source that the stocking of most euros other than Settlers has been an EPIC failure for Chapters/Indigo in Canada, and the company actually returned entire skids of Pandemic and Agricola to the distributor from which they were purchased.

So when many stores thought Pandemic was sold out, suddenly stock mysteriously materialized. The store I used to manage brought in 48 after being told nothing would be coming... much rejoicing was had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobriquet wrote:
Tut_613 wrote:
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

This is just a rumour, so please take it as such, but I have heard from more than one source that the stocking of most euros other than Settlers has been an EPIC failure for Chapters/Indigo in Canada, and the company actually returned entire skids of Pandemic and Agricola to the distributor from which they were purchased.

So when many stores thought Pandemic was sold out, suddenly stock mysteriously materialized. The store I used to manage brought in 48 after being told nothing would be coming... much rejoicing was had.

I'm not surprised, I didn't even know they carried board games. (I only buy my books online)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
Byrns wrote:
Sobriquet wrote:
Tut_613 wrote:
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

I'm not surprised, I didn't even know they carried board games. (I only buy my books online)

It used to be they only carried a few mass-market games, some licensed stuff (esp. literary based), a few oddball/niche Canadian-made games, and Settlers of Catan. Their biggest problem is they don't tend to have anyone who knows anything about games... so something like Agricola is a pretty darn hard sell, even if the price is halfway decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

There is no way they sold them all. I'm thinking that shit will drop in price soon.

The cheapest place in Ottawa is hitboardgames.com. It's online-only (which is why the prices are so low - no overhead), but you can arrange to pick the game up (near the airport) and avoid shipping. Pandemic is $28, Agricola is $55.

EDIT: Somebody mentioned Settlers earlier, too. Chapters.ca lists it at $49.95, hitboardgames.com has it for $33.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobriquet wrote:
Tut_613 wrote:
tired wrote:

Oh yeah...

This is a rumor that bears investigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
AmoebaDregKeg wrote:
broken clock wrote:

The cheapest place in Ottawa is hitboardgames.com. It's online-only (which is why the prices are so low - no overhead), but you can arrange to pick the game up (near the airport) and avoid shipping. Pandemic is $28, Agricola is $55.

EDIT: Somebody mentioned Settlers earlier, too. Chapters.ca lists it at $49.95, hitboardgames.com has it for $33.

Oh, I know about that place. But, it's so far out of the way I would rather pay the 10 bucks and have it taken to my place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.