Subject: I need some serious help here.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heather
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a hard-core gaming husband and his ideal Christmas would be all board game related. He of course, after much prompting, gave me a list of games that wants (Runebound, Mystery of the Abbey, FAB The Buldge, and the list goes on) but I would really like to get him some "accessories" if I may use that word. Do you recommend anything? He told me about some kind of mechanism that determines order of play and shocks the person that gets to start. Also, I was also thinking about a dice tower.... I am completely clueless and don't want to risk calling his friends for fear of word reaching him. He is always on this site and I figure if anyone would have great ideas it would be guys (and gals) that love board games as much as he does. Thanks so much for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try browsing here:
Miscellaneous Game Accessory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact Matt Drake:

Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Or browse his website for wooden dice towers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bayley
England
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ummm im guessing ******* ****** isnt your real name, because if it is and your husband frequents this site, he may just get an inkling of what you are planning. Anyway good luck in finding a suitable present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shocking Roulette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start Player doesn't shock you, but it's a deck of cards used to determine the starting player. It has things like "The tallest player" or "The person wearing the most white" etc. It's cheap and fun.

Other than that, there aren't a lot of accessories unless he's the kind of person who wants to put his game cards in sleeves, and if that's the case you have to be sure you get the right size, as eurogames are a different size than standard playing cards.

A gift certificate to an online game shop such as CoolStuffInc, BoardAndBits or ThoughtHammer might be perfect. It's a bit impersonal, but if he's a hardcore gamer he's almost certain to LOVE this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamerbymarriage wrote:
I am completely clueless and don't want to risk calling his friends for fear of word reaching him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.