Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Seely
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I am looking to gauge interest in a mission/map editor for ToI. The look of the editor would be similar to the one formerly produced, but would have the ability to add future expansions and custom tiles without rewriting the entire program.

So, I would appreciate feedback to the following questions:
1. How important is it that the scenario details look like the onees produced by FFG? ie, The colors, layout, etc.
2. What features would you most like to see? (drag/drop of overlays, ability to filter tiles, etc.)
3. How much would be the most you would pay for such a program? ($0? $5 $10? more?)

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Not at all.

2. Just the ability to make maps.

3. $0

If FFG would release the graphics files for the maps and tiles that would be good enough. I think they do themselves a disservice by not doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Siegel
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It isn't if it works and can produce the same info.
2. Doesn't quite matter as long as one can custom a board with ease.
3. I would be willing to pay similar to the map expansion, but for one time only. Honestly, free would be key, but I have quit designing scenarios due to the lack of expansion material and my shoddy photoshop ability. I've been pining for a scenario editor for about a year... in fact i began designing scenarios without owning the game for a month before i finally purchased it. It was the scenario designer that actually roped me in to TOI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even use the existing scenario editor (mac) otherwise, I likely would've released a few scenarios by now.

I would like to see FFG step up and produce this product. They would benefit greatly by it.

Just look at what Days of Wonder has done. They put the effort into a great scenario editor (it really is good!) and in turn, they have had thousands of scenarios produced! It only perpetuates their business and keeps the fans happy in between releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Seely
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so that brings up another question: how many Mac users are out there that are interested? I think I can compile a Mac version also, but not having one myself, I have no way to test such a thing.

By way of information, I've spoken with FFG, and the answer wasn't an instant 'no'. Not quite a yes either, but we are at least talking it over. So I'm hopeful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.