Subject: Share Values: Is the example in the rule book correct? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi geeks,

I'm wondering if the example in the rule book is correct?

The rules stated:

However, the total earnings must be greater than half the share value of the company.

In the example, the company has a share price of 100 on the SPI. The fourth entry stated:

Company earns 60 to 190, Dividend paid, Price rises to 112.

I think it should be

Company earns 51 to 190, Dividend paid, Price rises to 112.

because 50 is the half of the share price, 60 is greater then half of the share price but 51 is also greater then half of the share price and a value which is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earnings are always multiples of 10, and 60 is the lowest multiple of 10 higher than 50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eugene,

pijll wrote:
Earnings are always multiples of 10, and 60 is the lowest multiple of 10 higher than 50.

thanks for clarify this. You are correct. I confound the values with the dividends which will be paid to the share holders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.