Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to extend an offer I suggested in another thread. I've been playing on ACTS quite a bit anyway, I am willing to take on a 2-player teaching game with anyone who wants to learn to play Titan better. I'll tell you as much or as little as you want about what I think you're doing wrong, or at least against the conventional wisdom.

To finish in a reasonable time it's just necessary to move at least a couple of times per day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
After the holidays, I'd love to take you up on that, if the offer is still valid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
David if you do this an the other person agrees, it might be nice to save the record of the game with your annotations. That way other people could learn as well.
I don't know if ACTS provides a good way to do that. Colossus doesn't, but I think it's there some place way down on the wish list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On ACTS, you can view the entire history of a game and save it as a HTML file, but it's pretty hard for someone else to reconstruct the game and follow along. There's no way to "step through" it. I have often thought of trying to build a "Titan game viewer" just for this purpose, stepping through recorded games. We have some recorded games from the WBC tournaments for which this would be nice to do. But it has always seemed like too much work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used ACTS before, how is the interface to play a game?

BTW, I agree, some kind of viewer to reconstruct a game would be excellent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
I've never used ACTS before, how is the interface to play a game?

It is spare but effective. It enforces some but not all of the rules; you have to know the rules and follow them yourself, especially in battle. It's somewhat like VASSAL in that regard, but it's all hosted on a website, you don't have to email files back and forth, but you can automatically get email notifications of your opponents actions.

You can easily create an account and set up a test game where you play both sides, to see what it's like. You can also view other games in progress.

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/index.asp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I'm interested if you are still offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.