7 Posts

Power Grid: Factory Manager» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding placing factory tiles beside a factory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Oppelt
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Each player CAN HAVE ONLY ONE otimization tile and one control at the same time.

Player also may store acquired tiles beside his factory in order to place it in following rounds.

So If a player will store optimization and control tiles beside his factory and already have this tiles installed inside his factory, thereby this is inconsistent with the rule, that a player may have only one of each of this tiles!!!

So what is the solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the one only rule is simply referring to tiles actually in the factory, I see nothing wrong with having an additional tile of the same type outside to be installed on a later turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Oppelt
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The two special spaces control and optimization can only be used for the matching factory tiles. Each player CAN ONLY HAVE ONE optimization tile and one control at the same time. There is nothing referring to tiles already installed in factory and there is not reason for that, because there is no chance to install more than one of this tiles because there is only one free space for each of this tiles inside the factory (in control room).If I store an acquired optimization and control tiles beside factory it means that I have more than ONE at the same time!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Oppelt
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
It is possible to understand in this way, that I can store factory tiles beside factory EXCEPT optimization and control tiles if there are already installed in the control room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleP wrote:
It is possible to understand in this way, that I can store factory tiles beside factory EXCEPT optimization and control tiles if there are already installed in the control room.

Seems to be unnecessary complicated to me.
I agree with DaveD that this is only true for tiles inside the factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
I would say the one only rule is simply referring to tiles actually in the factory, I see nothing wrong with having an additional tile of the same type outside to be installed on a later turn.

This is corect.

INSIDE The factory, you can only have a single optimization and a single control (in the rooms on the right side of the factory).

If you want you can buy more of these tiles to store them next to your factory board instead of placing them into your factory.

It is an expensive tactic (just buying tiles so other players do not get them), but a valid one.

Best regards,

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning wrote:

It is an expensive tactic (just buying tiles so other players do not get them), but a valid one.
It could also be a tile you REALLY want but don't have an extra worker to remove the one you already have. Though still an expensive tactic. Especially considering that you can't use that new tile for at least one more round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.