B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start with the somewhat obvious suggestion of "Lost Cities", which has some elements of set collection and hand management. 2 player only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a recommendation as such but I hear good things about Jaipur and I may be investing in it myself.

My wife also enjoys MDCG but not, I think, to the extent that yours does. As 2 player games we've been playing Ra the Dice Game and RA recently but they don't match your criteria. We've also just started to get into Uruk: Wiege der Zivilisation which is a very interesting card based civilisation game that requires you to collect sets of cards and resources to build your civilisation. It plays in less than an hour and I think it's really good. My wife is reserving judgement until she's won enough games!

Monuments: Wonders of Antiquity is definitely a set collection game and we have tried the 2 player version. We sort of enjoyed it but, win or lose, it seems very difficult to know what caused success or failure. Not to be dismissed but one to try before buying if you can.

Going way back in time our favourite rummy type game is Express. Although this is a railway game, my wife loved the set building and the limited, interesting and not too confrontational interaction. There are some great combos you can build and it's just fun. If you can find a copy it's worth a try.

Hope that helps a bit?
Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archaelology the Card Game. that might be a good fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.