Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While cleaning out my games closet, I ran across some older titles that haven't been played for years. This was one of them.

Its a cool little 'roll and move' movie making game where players compete to produce the most valuable films by collecting directors, actors, scripts, and locations.

We played with five players and I got off to a good start by completing the first film. However, I was very short of cash and after landing on one of Sean's Distribution companies, I could not pay the required amount and had to sell the film to the bank (I never even collected any box office profits from the film!)

As luck would have it, Mike, Kent, Sean and Dave all completed films before I could compete again.

Mike ended up with a second film, two oscars!, and a ton of cash. Sean and Kent's first films flopped and effectively put them out of the running. Dave tried to maintain his two films, but due to a couple of bad trades and a flop near the end, fell slightly behind.

After the last Production card was drawn the results ended up:

Mike P - 15,970,000
Jim - 11,110,000
Dave T - 7,350,000
Sean - 2,290,000
Kent - 1,620,000

Trades make the game interesting, but a run of bad luck can put you out of the running early... this one will definitely go back in the closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Irving
American Samoa
msg tools
ok I realise that your comment is 15 years old but I decided to reply anyway.
In this game, my interpretation of the rules is that:
If a player runs out of money they can make a loan from the bank for half the completion value of a completed film. They then need to pay back the loan plus 1 million in interest. Meaning that they can still collect on the in hock movie when passing the box office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.