1 Posts

Hamsterrolle» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schreiber
United States
flag msg tools
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
Maggie, Adam, Shivanni, Chris

Before study time at the Arkansas School for Math, Science, and the Arts (where I work as a residential coordinator), I brought out Hamsterolle and Blokus. Both had just arrived earlier that day and I was very excited to play both, but Hamsterolle sounded interesting to everyone so we started there.

We stumble for a minute or two through the rules, but once we just started it was pretty obvious. And it sucked us up immediately and by the time everyone had played a turn we were completely focused on the marvelous rocking game of physics, dexterity, and strategy. At first, we all focused on placing our heavy yellow block but Maggie seemd to start the idea that we should be placing things in the most interesting, creative ways possible. Everyone quickly followed suit and I was often impressed/

At the end of the first game we had the first real strategic breakthrough---columning someone! The thin grey column piece really, really complicates the next players turn because it won't support much of anything and it's big enough to not leave any room. Score a strong victory for Maggie as she made the stategic breakthrough first.

We played several more rounds quickly and when we weren't being mesmerized by the phyics and colorful pieces there was much playful banter and joking around. One thing I was impressed by was how much stratgey there is and how frequently players can make truly impressive placements. Some of the most impreswsive moves were made when there was very little on the line.

Absolutely one of the best dexterity games I have ever played (it actually has strategy and creativity!). We're likely to play more this evening after the students finish studying. No doubt many other students will gather round to watch as we play this impressive and stunning game.

So glad I made the purchase. Thank you Rio Grande for importing several impressive Zoch titles. I'm excited to play Blokus with the students also, but it may have to wait another night. Zoch games continue to asound me---they are absolutely ingenious.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.