Subject: Replenish phase goes slow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two games of Agricola. I'm enjoying it thus far, however the only thing I dislike about the game is the replenish phase.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to speed up the replenish a bit?

I'm thinking instead of baggies, I use a small box with sections for each piece (ie: a section for wood, a section for clay, etc.). I think it'll allow who ever does the replenish phase to pick all the pieces needed up in one shot without going into a baggie and getting them one at a time.

Anybody else have any good organizational skills with Agricola pieces and would like to give me a suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
d10-1 Have a piece banker
d10-2 Build up stacks (for each turn I usually end up with two stacks plus the animeeples) of what it to be replenished for the next couple of turns.
d10-3 Replenishing takes a few seconds
d10-4 During other people's turns the banker builds the next stacks (a couple of turns in advance). With a normal set you should be able to stay at least two turns ahead of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
d10-1 Have a piece banker
d10-2 Build up stacks (for each turn I usually end up with two stacks plus the animeeples) of what it to be replenished for the next couple of turns.
d10-3 Replenishing takes a few seconds
d10-4 During other people's turns the banker builds the next stacks (a couple of turns in advance). With a normal set you should be able to stay at least two turns ahead of the game.

I'll try doing this next game. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Olson
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Download this file, laminate it, and cut the pieces apart. It can be filled during game downtime, and the contents transferred to the board.

There is at least one thread on this subject: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/459066/replenishing-reso...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a nuts and bolts drawer set from a hardware store instead of baggies. Each drawer has a resource. Easy to set up, and easy to get our hands into. During the restock phase, one of us does wood-clay-reed-fish, and the other person does animals and stone (we play 2p most of the time). We've found if you divvy it up, and assign people a section to do, it goes faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use dice on the spaces. We've tried that a couple of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the ideas!

I'll try them all out and see which ones work better. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either:

- A Plano box (they sell these at places like Target and Meijer with the fishing equipment)

- or a storage box from Hobby Lobby. These are with the do it yourself jewelry stuff (along with baggies perfect for storing components for board games.)

These boxes are generally $5-$10 and really help. They work well for Le Havre or Arkham Horror also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't like bits in boxes, I find they are easier to pick up off the table.
We just allocate different resources to different playes, doesn't usualy take too long as each peson doesn't have to much to focus on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith S.
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
:d10-1: Have a piece banker
:d10-2: Build up stacks (for each turn I usually end up with two stacks plus the animeeples) of what it to be replenished for the next couple of turns.
:d10-3: Replenishing takes a few seconds
:d10-4: During other people's turns the banker builds the next stacks (a couple of turns in advance). With a normal set you should be able to stay at least two turns ahead of the game.

+1. I've found that replenishing is a pretty minor part of each round with a little setup beforehand. Do make sure you're replenishing correctly; animals waiting to be claimed do not "breed" during harvest rounds, nor does the amount added each round change (unless a card grants a bonus to a player who takes a gathering action, and in that case the extra is simply taken from the supply).

Also, don't bother with multipliers on the action spaces (with the possible but unlikely exception of "3 Wood"); I haven't yet run out of individual markers to represent a resource or animal, nor had so many on a space that the markers were necessary. That may just be the way my group plays the game (it's unusual for a space, especially a multi-unit space, to go more than three rounds without its resources being claimed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
Like someone has mentioned, grab a Plano 3500 from wherever, it should be about 3 bucks. it has 9 slots in it which is enough for all the wooden pieces but player pieces. You will still have to bag the food and other punchouts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you don't mind a little effort with poster board, consider making something like the tray in the bottom of this picture ...

I hacked out something similar but much less fancy. Works great, and cost me nothing except a little time and a scrap of foamboard. I might try adding some ramps like that shown in the picture, and also the little holder for the tiles. Full details can be found in this write-up of cambone's amazing storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.