Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No bunnies in front of my... if I send a "Special" card through my run which has the pink aggressive card light on, can I save it or is it discarded immediately?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can save for for use later (once you have a bunny in play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dale, do you know where it says that in the rules? We've got quite an argument going here at our game.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What, you have a problem with the rules? Ha, the KB rules are some of the worst I've ever come across and you'll have a few arguments if you keep playing.

Without getting into the actual lack of clarification in the rulebook, go to the Killer Bunnies web site (www.killerbunnies.com) and you'll find the following under the How to Teach section:

Quote:
26) "If you find yourself without a bunny here's the best thing that you can do. Play a Special card. You see if you need a bunny for the card (show an example with a pink box) but you have none, then you can SAVE the card. Remember the two S's; SAVE a SPECIAL." If a player does not have a Special card to play (and save) them advise them to play a weak weapon or Feed The Bunny.

So, without a bunny, you can still save a Special/Very Special for use later when you finally do get a bunny into play. To save the card, though, it must have been "run through": you cannot save a Special/Very Special when played directly from your hand (a few exceptions counter this, but don't worry about those yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne McCaul
United States
Norton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p. 16 of the Pink Bunny Bits booklet in the base game, under the BUNNY-LESS??!! heading (emphasis mine):

"Here are five things that you can do when you start the game without a bunny card:

01) Run all of your SPECIAL and VERY SPECIAL cards through the BOTTOM and TOP RUN card cycle and save them..."

Sorry, this is probably too late to stop the bloodshed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne McCaul
United States
Norton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagnabbit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Further clarification that I actually did find in the original rulebook:

In the rule book that accompanied the Blue Stater deck, in the Bunny-Less section:

Quote:
If you are without a bunny in the initial deal of the cards, then play SPECIAL (or VERY SPECIAL) cards by running them face down. Many SPECIAL cards require that you have a bunny card down to use them (they have a lit pink box). However, by running these cards through, a player may save them while he is waiting for a bunny to come along. Later, when you have a bunny down, you may use your saved Special cards.

There you go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wayne had the quicker draw on the actual rule book version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your diligent work on that one. That will solve the problem quite nicely.

Now we have a new problem... My wife is gloating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wife-gloating is good, now play your humility card, praise her for her wisdom, get sad about being a putz to her, get a little sympathy if you can, then go for the purchase of a new game... well, sometimes it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Edison
msg tools
Looks like I'm a little late here... I found this post because of a rule I read for Minilith... "Players cannot save this Special without a bunny in The Bunny Circle." so I guess yes, you can save a special or very special card without a bunny unless it states otherwise for that specific card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.